Ocean Lakes Campground

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Our son just called Ocean Lakes CG in Myrtle Beach,SC and made reservations for this summer.There was only 1 site availsble for the dates he wanted so he took it.But he is concerned that the site may be a little small for his pop up camper.My question is,is there anyone from the forum going to Ocean Lakes over the next couple months that would be willing to go look at the site and give him an opinion.If so I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
TR, we are going in April, I will be glad to look at if for you then if you dont get it before that. Or if you can give me the site # i will tel you exactly what size the site is, we have a pretty detailed map of OL..

trdeal

Thanks Wesley.My son talked to them today at Ocean Lakes and they told him the dimensions and that there are 3 trees in the site.He was wondering on the placement of the trees on the site.We have camped there every summer for years and are somewhat familiar with the area the site is in.I believe that if he pulls the camper on the site at an angle that he will be fine.But of course it depends on where the trees are.If you don't mind to look at the site I will get you the site number before you leave.Thanks for your help.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry,

Ocean Lakes is about 1/2 hour from Willow Tree. When we are down there for the rally we can take a ride over and check it out. Have to go right past Camping World! :eek::eek::eek: I know you can't pass that up :D and John never misses an opportunity to buy "stuff". :p

trdeal

You are right Debbie.After I made the post I slapped myself on the head,just a little left of where Renee normally slaps me,:Djust kidding of course,and said hey we are going to be down there in April.Why don't we just go.Maybe John and Debbie would want to ride other there with us.We could stop at Camping world and Debbie could buy us something really nice,just because she is such a nice person.:cool::D:DAnd by the way we had a good visit with our new friends last night.I would say we will be doing some camping together.They love their new Horn.Didn't think to ask what model they have.I think they said it is a 2010.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
OK, so it's a proven fact now that "great minds think alike" and so do we!:eek::eek: I'd be pleased to help some great HL friends spend John's hard earned money at CW.

Tell Renee to be careful not to leave any marks that can be used against her in a court of law! Quick Renee, hide the Kodak :D and give him one for me! :p

trdeal

OK, so it's a proven fact now that "great minds think alike" and so do we!:eek::eek: I'd be pleased to help some great HL friends spend John's hard earned money at CW.

Tell Renee to be careful not to leave any marks that can be used against her in a court of law! Quick Renee, hide the Kodak :D and give him one for me! :p
With all this overtime John will have plenty of$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to spend on us some camping world goodies.Debbie wanna go to the chat room for a minute?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Terry,

We will be out at Willow tree March 5th with Pete and Phil. If you dont have an answer by then, we can run down to OL and look for you.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Im slapping myself also TR, didnt even think about it, We are going to be at Willowtree this coming weekend. Feb 12-15. Myself and Niki, Tim and Debbie (timdebs). little Valentines weekend getawyay.

SouthernNights

Im slapping myself also TR, didnt even think about it, We are going to be at Willowtree this coming weekend. Feb 12-15. Myself and Niki, Tim and Debbie (timdebs). little Valentines weekend getawyay.

We were thinking about going out there this weekend but havent made reservations. Do you know what they are doing special for valentines day?

trdeal

Hey that is great.If you guys wouldn't mind going out to Ocean Lakes that would be great,although I would not want to ask you to take time out of your weekend to go out there,that is unless you are going to be out that way anyway.I will find out today for sure what the site number is and will let you know.I know my son will appreciate it as will I.
Now on another note......Debbie this in no way lets you and John off the hook.We still get a trip to camping world with some goodies when we get there.:D;) Thanks again Guys

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Terry, CW it is!

Now Larry & Tim that's borderline cruel. We are waiting for the next snowfall up here (expected on Wednesday) and you guys are going camping for Valentine's Day. That's just not right :( I gotta move South!

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Larry, We dont know if they are doing anything or not. We just decided to go since it would be a long weekend (Presidents day on the 15th). called and made reservations, didnt even ask about events.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Let me know TR, Im not sure we will go down there, but if we get close we can sure check it out for you.

SouthernNights

Larry, We dont know if they are doing anything or not. We just decided to go since it would be a long weekend (Presidents day on the 15th). called and made reservations, didnt even ask about events.

I got an email from Willowtree a few weeks ago saying to join them for their Valentines day celebration but no details. And nothing on thier website.

If I can get my trailer out of the backyard by next weekend, we will probably go somewhere. Either there or Myrtle Beach travel park about 20 minutes away.

We have had so much rain for the last two months that my backyard is mushy. I have been wanting to pour my pad for the shop/trailer garage but cant get anywhere close to it with a concrete truck. Even my Kubota tractor bogs down in it. Never have seen it this bad.

I thought global warming was going to bring on droughts and no snow up north.:confused:

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Yes, I know what you mean about the wet yard. We are in the same situation. Used the cold weather to our advantage and Moved the camper up from the back yard to the driveway thursday morning about 5 am while the ground was still frozen. After all the rain and sleet we got friday you cant even walk across the grass without water squishing out of the ground. Weatherman is calling for more snow, sleet , and freezing rain Wednesday.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you need some snow, I think Deb and John, and Debra and I could give you some - and you don't even need to pay us back!:rolleyes:

SouthernNights

If you need some snow, I think Deb and John, and Debra and I could give you some - and you don't even need to pay us back!:rolleyes:

My favorite coffee cup has a print of a Norman Rockwell winter scene complete with ice skaters.
Thats as close to the real thing I ever want to get. I had enough of THAT stuff growing up in Jersey.

trdeal

One thing is for sure,I have seen all the snow and cold weather I want to for one season.I am ready for spring.