Oh dear, another question.....dual pane windows?

labbysmom

We did not have dual panes with our Cardinal as the year we ordered, the dual pane windows in the bedroom slide were not able to open for air flow.

We haven't considered dual pane but now in the final stages of ordering we are wondering if its a good thing? Is the added weight a big deal? Do you lose any window opening?

Living on the west coast, we get alot of moisture and at times our trailer may have fogged up but we are sensitive to that as in know how to ventilate so not to have condensation issues.

Should we or shouldn't we?:confused:

Tom of Ypsi

Get the dual pane windows. The coach is much quieter, warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. There is added weight but not enough to not consder them. You should not lose any window openings. We ordered ours without them and upgraded to the duals two years ago at a higher cost. Will never have a coach without them.

2010augusta

dual panes are great and all of them open. The vertical sliding ones have a catch system, knida like on school bus windows, so they are either fully open or closed, (i.e. you can't just crack one open) the horizontal slides work like normal windows. The bedroom window provide good ventilation and a bit of a cross breeze when open.

cashb

We did order dual pane windows because of the overwhelming positive views about them... seems the only detractors are the dealers, cause they don't have them on their lots! One thing I forgot to ask, is, are they tinted?

jbeletti

Here's another vote for dual panes. My first Heartland I used for 3 years did not have them. I just could not afford it and my use was recreationally.

My second Heartland I used for 2 years had them. Loved them. Especially the noise reduction characteristic. Not sound-proof mind you, but better than I had :)

New coach goes online this week - dual panes for sure :)

If it's within reach of your budget - do it.

Jim

jbeletti

We did order dual pane windows because of the overwhelming positive views about them... seems the only detractors are the dealers, cause they don't have them on their lots! One thing I forgot to ask, is, are they tinted?

Yes - they are tinted. Some of our RV brands have a reflective tint (Landmark and maybe Cyclone). Others have a deep dark tint.

Jim

geeksrus

We had single pane on our 2003 Cardinal & now have dual panes on our Big Horn... what a difference... no window moisture, better for heating, better for cooling... would never buy a unit without them.

Eh!

ssynard

Thermal Pane and Dual Pane windows

We are going to order a new Big Country next week. It will have factory installed dual pane windows. Are dual pane windows the same as thermal pane windows. Some people have used both terms to describe their RV windows.

2010augusta

We are going to order a new Big Country next week. It will have factory installed dual pane windows. Are dual pane windows the same as thermal pane windows. Some people have used both terms to describe their RV windows.

I do not believe that the dual pane windows are "thermal panes", they are simply two sheets of glass that are glued together at the edges. there is no special gasses or anything like the house style windows have, but they still help to keep out noise and moderate the temperatures better than the singles.

As Jim B stated the Landmarks and possibly the Cyclones have a mirrored tint that reflects a lot of heat in the summer time and saved us BIG bucks in TX last summer.

caissiel

We have the BC model 5th wheel, our dual pane never sweats, to me they are seal panes, but not argon filled. Here in Canada the CSA or home terminology is dual or thermo pane for seal units. My windows are sealed units and not double panes that are individuals pane in a frame.