OK heres a new one regarding blank tank draining

mruhe

Just bought the 2006 3600RL bighorn. I can see the drains have been rerouted to avoid using any cables(I like this).
having used the rig for about 5 days, the wife and I, I went to drain and leave. No black draining. I finally got it drained with the use of the power flush and the clear elbow and extra gate. I know the tank Is empty cause I can fill it with the gate closed using the power flush or the elbow sprayer. And the gauges do show this.
But why in the world does the bowl not drain when I Know for sure the tank is empty? I have put a piece of Pex down there(toilet) until it stops.

Completely puzzled?

Thanks in Advance

danemayer

Hi mruhe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm afraid your description left me confused. Is the problem that the tank was difficult to drain, or that the toilet bowl doesn't drain when the pedal is pressed?

mruhe

First the tank was hard to drain but finally did. Now the toilet bowl does not drain when pressing the pedal. Although the pedal is working and the Bowl is opening there seems to be a plug between the toilet bowl and the tank?

I know I am confuse also?

danemayer

It is possible to build up solids in the drain pipe between toilet and black tank. If the plumbing in this trailer was modified, you may have to take down the rear wall of the pass-through basement storage and examine the pipes to figure it out.

If water is leaking out of the black tank, leaving solids behind, you could be having problems like this.

Also probably a good idea to check the vents on the roof to make sure they're not obstructed in some way.

mruhe

It is possible to build up solids in the drain pipe between toilet and black tank. If the plumbing in this trailer was modified, you may have to take down the rear wall of the pass-through basement storage and examine the pipes to figure it out.

If water is leaking out of the black tank, leaving solids behind, you could be having problems like this.

Also probably a good idea to check the vents on the roof to make sure they're not obstructed in some way.

Thanks Dan,
It is not slow leaking. But the roof vent is a good idea and I will have to figure out which wall will give me a view. I would love to see the configuration.