Options? Suggestions welcomed

Westwind

I think I saw your getting the 4 door fridge, I would delete the Ice Maker, pain to winterize and go with a portable, but it depends on where you live and when you camp (weather). All the other items on your list on spot on and I would keep them all. Have the dealer call the factory rep as you order to make sure they haven't changed things, that way you will get the trailer you order with no changes.

The ice maker is no longer available with the fridge because so many people were having issues with them. I was tickled by my DH is still upset. He believes that every beverage should be served at 32.2 degrees. In fact frozen would be even better.

back2nature

The ice maker is no longer available with the fridge because so many people were having issues with them. I was tickled by my DH is still upset. He believes that every beverage should be served at 32.2 degrees. In fact frozen would be even better.

Really? That's too bad. We have the ice maker in the 4-door and we love it and it works perfectly. (So far). It makes tons of ice. We never run out.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

DonnyB007

I was just talking with Sam's Club in the USA today. He told me that a Canadian Version of the Extended Warranty for Trailers will be offered starting August 2013. They will be putting out literature on this in the future. If you have just bought a new trailer, like we just did, this option is something to consider. The Canadian version contract should be pretty much the same as the USA contract currently online at the Good Sam's USA website. They will be giving out quotes hopefully starting in August.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
For you bicycle rack I would use the Tri-Glide Trailair. I have the original Trailair and would not be without it. With the Trailair you can put a great bicycle rack on the pin box if you don't have a short bed truck. You didn't say what TV you have. If you don't have one be sure to get a full length bed. A bit harder to park sometimes but gives you more truck and more room.

Here is a picture of the bicycle mount that can be found on the forum.

DSC_0092M.jpg

As for the icemaker we use a portable we got from Target. This is the third one we have had but it is the better one. One of the previous ones was from Camping World. It makes a lot of ice. We have a Sears 5cf upright freezer in place of the table and chairs and this ice maker makes enough ice we can fill up the freezer easily..

BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I saw your getting the 4 door fridge, I would delete the Ice Maker, pain to winterize and go with a portable, but it depends on where you live and when you camp.
Like Laurie we have the four door refer with the ice maker and would not be without it.
We had a portable ice maker in the past. They do work great but just one more thing sitting around.
Winterizing is not that bad for me. About 20 minutes.
You have to decide what fits your needs.

Peace
Dave

cb1313

I would look into 4 step stairs for the main door. I have knee problems and have to put a little box under the first step to get to the first step on a 3 step.

Cb

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I would look into 4 step stairs for the main door. I have knee problems and have to put a little box under the first step to get to the first step on a 3 step.

Cb

Cb,

The Bighorn's come with 4 steps from the factory. But you are correct. My previous 5er only had three steps and depending on the slope and grade in the site were were staying in, the first step could be as far as 3 feet above the ground.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions, insights and experience. We placed our order this afternoon and are truly excited. And poorer!!! I believe we made wise decisions thanks in large part to comments on this forum. I need to change my profile to "proud new owner of a Big Horn 3570RS." Thanks again to everyone and we'll see you on the road.