Ordered 2011 BH 3670RL

ATLJOHN

Hi All
We have ordered a 2011 BH 3670 RL GRVW16000. My question are my tires ok for this size trailer. We have 2006 Silverado 3500 Dually CC Duramax with Allison 6sp tranny. I presently have Michelin LTX 215/85R/16 E tires. Rated at 2470 at 80psi for dually. Can anyone advise if the tires will handle the tongue wt of this unit.
We will not get our trailer to late January or early February so we have time to investigate this issue. I figure who would know best but other owners of Heartland productions.

Thanks

Thanks.

osims

bsims
I think your tires will be fine. I run Michelin LTX 17E on my Dodge dually and they perform well. I am sold on Michelins, have had many sets with no problems.
Bill

rckc228

Congrats I had a 2008 3670RL and loved it. Heartland makes a great rig. Do a good PDI, to make sure all the bugs are gone before you leave the dealership.

boatdoc

Don't worry about your tires, they're fine. Just start thinking of all the things you get to do with the new Horn!!!

ATLJOHN

Thanks guy. We are purchasing from rvs for less in Knoxville and the owner Butch told us when we pick it up we will stay overnight at the store to make everthing is working before we leave. He also will show me how to winterize it as well. As this we are going from pull behind 5th wheel he will take me out to make sure I can handle it as well. The price was not the on incentive to purchase from him. We really wanted to purchase locally but not 1 BH dealer in all GA.

I look forward to joining Heartland RV family soon.

John and Judy

Delaine and Lindy

I think RV's for less is a good place to do business. Just met some folks who bought their 2009 Mobile Suites there and they were very pleased. I have talked to Butch before but didn't do business there. GBY.....

aatauses

ATLJOHN,
Congratulations on your purchase, we have a 2010 BH 3670 and really do enjoy it, you made a good choice. Concerning tires, I also pulll with a Chev 3500 dually. I went shopping for tires a few weeks ago and bought Michelin LT 215/85R 16 LTXM/S. Before I bought any tires I contacted the mfgs to get their opinion/warrenty/service/etc. This is what I heard from 'Ken' Michelin Consumer Care, the tires are rated for 2470 # @ 80psi, with 4= payload for the rear of your truck is 9880#. Our BH loaded has a pin weight of 2750--2800# so you should be in great shape with those tires and your dually. While you have time put whatever you plan to keep in your p/u and go weigh the rear end, add the pin weight and I am pretty sure you will be in good shape.
Enjoy your BH
al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
ATLJOHN,
While you have time put whatever you plan to keep in your p/u and go weigh the rear end, add the pin weight and I am pretty sure you will be in good shape.
Enjoy your BH
al
Keep in mind that the only way to add your pin weight is to weigh it. You must weigh your truck while full of fuel and anything else that will be in while travelling. Including passengers. Then hitch up your coach, loaded the way you will travel, and the truck loaded the way it was when weighed. Find the difference in weight by subtracting your unhitched rear axle weight from the hitched up weight. That will be your exact pin weight.

Peace
Dave

DMitch

ATLJOHN, Congrats on the new coach I'm sure your going to love it. I bought from Butch & Karen and had a great experience. They will give you all the time you need for PDI and from my experience they did a super job with the PDI before I arrived. Good luck with the new unit andf safe travels. By the way Cookie has some great advice on the tire issue.

All the best,

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Keep in mind that the only way to add your pin weight is to weigh it. You must weigh your truck while full of fuel and anything else that will be in while travelling. Including passengers. Then hitch up your coach, loaded the way you will travel, and the truck loaded the way it was when weighed. Find the difference in weight by subtracting your unhitched rear axle weight from the hitched up weight. That will be your exact pin weight.

Peace
Dave

I second this...my 3600RL has an actual loaded pin weight of 3,800lbs.

ATLJOHN

You guys are great. I thank each and eveyone of you for you responses. I see that the Natl Heartland rally will be in July. We sure hope we can make it. Maybe we can meet some if not all there.

John and Judy