Outside Vent

busted2341

I feel really stupid but can anyone tell us how to open the outside vent for the convection oven. I see a vent lid on the off door side very high on the rig but for the life of me I cannot see how to open it. It does not seem to have those little turn bars to release the flap so after staring it if for awhile, I decided someone here should know..

busted2341

Re: Outide Vent

Jim,

It seems it is venting, kind of. If I push in, it closes but I can feel very little venting coming out of the top of the vent. Those deals on the bottom look more like hinges...I would think it would fully open then hinge closed. Any other idea? This convection oven as a burning smell as it cooks. Does yours do that?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

There is a tap on toward the bottom side on each side of the flapper. You will have to turn each tab to release the flapper. I have not seen any on the HL products that are automatic. You may have to get a ladder to get up to seem the tabs. The hinge is on the top of the flapper. If you do not open up the flapper when using the Convection Oven (and even the Microwave) it could cause the cooking temps to be too high and burn the food. (don't ask how we know) Also be sure to lock the flapper down when traveling as the wind could cause you to lose the flapper (again don't ask how we know) :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Our new 2015 Heartland Prowler has a vent cover for the stove vent that just snaps shut.

If you put your finger at each bottom corner and put a little outward pressure on it . . . it will pop open!

I'll take a photo of it when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

busted2341

I really feel stupid but for the life of me I cannot get this to open. Afraid to break it! Dealer doesn't have a clue....Jim, Can we Move this to Ask the Factory?

danemayer

I really feel stupid but for the life of me I cannot get this to open. Afraid to break it! Dealer doesn't have a clue....Jim, Can we Move this to Ask the Factory?

I was wondering about this and tried one out at the factory yesterday. You have to press very hard on the tabs to unlatch the flap. I was quite surprised at the amount of force required.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Everyone is fixated on "tabs." Can you post a picture of yours to clarify things?

Here are two shots of the kitchen vent on our new 2015 Prowler.

The first is the kitchen slide out and the vent is the black thing on the right . . . the second is a shot looking up into the bottom of the vent showing the two tabs:

attachment.php
attachment.php

You just have to push up on the two tabs with your thumbs with a little bit of muscle to pop them open.

Attachments

• ProwlerVent-P1000079.jpg
    ProwlerVent-P1000079.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ProwlerVent-P1000081.jpg
    ProwlerVent-P1000081.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 137

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That one is different from the one on our Landmark. It looks to me like you would push down on the tabs that are on the bottom to release the flapper.

busted2341

Geezz..I finally figured it out. I force the tabs on the bottom up to release the bottom of the flapper and WaLa....it opens and I am now venting.....