Outside Wear on Tire

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had an earlier TT axle alignment done by Badger Utility in Wisconsin. It's a place that repairs big rig trailers. Their method of aligning the travel trailer with leaf springs is to loosen the U-bolts that hold the axle/spring assembly together and move it as needed for alignment. There is room in that assembly for about a 1/4 inch of movement total. If it needs to go beyond that it has to be bent or the spring mounting tabs cut off and relocated.

newman

Les Schwab in Missoula was able to fix the problem....they did a thrust alignment on both axles and squared them to the kingpin. The front axle was toed in over 1/2". For $100 they got us back on the road, plus I upgraded to E rated tires, Towmax brand, they said alot of people are changing out their Chinese tires, especially now that E rated 15" tires are available. Fortunatly we were in Missoula, its the only place within 500 miles that does this service, and it was quick! Thanks for the replies.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Les Schwab in Missoula was able to fix the problem....they did a thrust alignment on both axles and squared them to the kingpin. The front axle was toed in over 1/2". For $100 they got us back on the road, plus I upgraded to E rated tires, Towmax brand, they said alot of people are changing out their Chinese tires, especially now that E rated 15" tires are available. Fortunatly we were in Missoula, its the only place within 500 miles that does this service, and it was quick! Thanks for the replies.
Thats good news, glad it worked out for you.

Question...the 15" E tires won't work on my Sundance because my factory wheels are stamped 60 psi max. Do you recall the psi rating for the new tires? My wheels look like this....thanks

Attachments

• SunD15.JPG
    SunD15.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 6

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
E rated tires have an 80 psi rating. G rated is 110 psi. You could change out your wheels to E rated wheels.