Owners club?

labbysmom

Is there another club that you pay to join? I'm asking as one dealer is giving us a free membership:rolleyes:

2010augusta

This forum has a "Club" part too, just click on the Club tab, next to the Portal tab.

The club due are $60.00 for 3 years and you get a plaque and some other good stuff.

wyleyrabbit

There's the Heartland Owner's Club, and free is always great!

Then, of course, there are the various store clubs that you can be a member of, such as Camping World.

As well, there are memberships like Good Sams and such.

Finally, there are campground memberships which seem a bit like time shares (and cost about as much too).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

labbysmom

Hi
We are in final negotiations :D on a 2011 3670. We'll be buying in the USA and saving a ton of money (thank-you neighbors)

We live in Pitt Meadows, a suburb of Vancouver.

Diane

wyleyrabbit

Diane,

Does the unit you're negotiating on have CSA approval? My understanding is that CSA is an option from Heartland, and may be required for you to get insurance in BC. Best to do your due-dilligence before you sign on the dotted line.

Chris

labbysmom

Not to worry Chris, we've got all the basis covered but thanks for the concern. Glad you like your unit and we hope to make it to the next rally in September.

Diane

labbysmom

As I understand it, you don't need a special license until you are towing 24K pounds. Mark has a class 1 with air so we are ok. He used to be a truck instructor and also drove for years with a fuel company, PC)
Diane

wyleyrabbit

A "Class 1" license trumps everything, so you're good. :)

No, in BC as soon as the trailer weight "as towed" exceeds 4,600 Kg (approx 10,000 lbs), you need a special license above the standard "class 5" license. I carry a "code 51" endorsement on my class 5 which allows me to tow a house trailer of any weight as long the trailer does not have air brakes and as I don't exceed the ratings on my truck. A "code 20" is the same thing, but for any type of trailer; the code 20 requires regular medical testing and reporting, just like the Class 3 and higher.

You are going to LOVE your new trailer!

Chris

caissiel

I checked the Tanks on My 3500RL. and the tanks are all stamped in Imperial Gallons, The fresh water tank is CSA approved 75 Imperial Gallons, the gray tanks are CSA approved 45 Imp Gallons. I would check on the CSA approval or you might have to have it approved for CSA in Canada, I know a lot of people that bought in the States and no problem to register as long as some of the plumbing and Electrical was checked and approved. It seam that the Heartland has great electrical and plumbing equipment, therefore it looks like a Pass for me.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Does this apply for someone from the States coming into Canada ? Other than passports do we need anything when visiting with 5er in tow !!!

caissiel

In our country there are a few provinces that require special licensing for RV trailers but a class 5 is valid for any size motorhome. I have tried to find info on this for the last year and the ruling is so new or impossible to determine that I have concluded that you need to be licenced as per the State or Province you are originating from. In our province former truck drivers with class 1 licences have been told not to weary they can just let it go and just keep their class 5. The provincial ruling is that over 10.000 lbs trailer needs a class3. But the RV trailers fall under the motorhome ruling of class 5 requirements. Our province states a federal exception to the ruling. So my feeling is that I am licenced ok to go all over the states and Canada with my class5 licence.