Parents drop 2 robbers as their daughter is being used as human shield

Did anyone else catch this on Yahoo news, didn't make the front page news unfortunately as it clearly defends the right to protect ones self.

St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man. Charges were eventually dropped due to lack of witness participation. He also had drug possession and distribution charges against him.

McClinton is charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-h...040007545.html

HornedToad

"What's your favorite carry weapon?"
is one of the largest (405 post / 41 pages)
and longest running (4 years)
threads on the forum.

I think the new members second post would deserve consideration.

iawoody2

Come on Don, that was good information and a correct outcome. Exactly why I carry both at home and on the the road. Have had my carry permit since 1970.

Speedy

I found it funny that the report stressed the shots that missed their intended target and hit the house across the street. Think the homeowners need to look into ammo with less penetration.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I found it funny that the report stressed the shots that missed their intended target and hit the house across the street. Think the homeowners need to look into ammo with less penetration.

Or train with their weapons so they can hit what they're aiming at instead of using the "Golden BB" targeting method.

Hunter11

I read this story on a news web site yesterday morning and my first thought was the mother needs more range time.....

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Good outcome. This happens way more than you hear. People who dont want us to even own a gun wont say a thing because it doesn't fit their agenda. Now I will grab some popcorn and read the negative comments of those who don't like guns and the positive from those who do...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Or train with their weapons so they can hit what they're aiming at instead of using the "Golden BB" targeting method.

Did somebody say Golden BB??

Attachments

• MV5BMTI5MzY2MzI3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTYyMDY0._V1_SX271.jpeg
    MV5BMTI5MzY2MzI3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTYyMDY0._V1_SX271.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
[h=1]The Golden BB[/h] [h=2]Critical Hits in Ogre[/h] [h=3]by Steve Jackson[/h] The Ogre rules require a defender to batter Ogres apart a piece at a time; they make no provision for the single lucky shot that might doom the giant cybertank. This plays well enough, and makes a certain amount of sense. Logically, weapons would be far easier targets than an Ogre's few vulnerable spots. But every thing has its weakness, and everyone gets lucky once in a while. It could happen.

Jim.Allison

Did anyone else catch this on Yahoo news, didn't make the front page news unfortunately as it clearly defends the right to protect ones self.

St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night.

The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.

The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

Johnson died at the scene. McClinton was wounded but was able to scramble off. He had his brother take him to the hospital.

In 2010, McClinton was charged with shooting another man. Charges were eventually dropped due to lack of witness participation. He also had drug possession and distribution charges against him.

McClinton is charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-h...040007545.html

This is a story with a good outcome, statistically speaking, many assaults occur before one good guy gets a good on target shot off. Anti gun folks should look at the math, but they won't because it does not fit their agenda. As far as this having to do with RVing, it most definitely does fit. We are vulnerable because we are stereotyped as older and theoretically unable to defend ourselves, this logic may or may not be a tactical error on a would be assaulter's behalf. I for one, keep a discrete 12 ga pump on hand for RV defense. I like the shotgun because the long arm requires little permitting, in some states it can be loaded and concealed, in others it has to be unloaded and in a locked box or scabbard. So it is fairly easy to comply with the laws of each state in the union regardless of how strict the gun laws are.

Jim.Allison

Wonder what is the real story???

There is always "the rest of the story" but one of the bad guys had beat a murder rap once already. oops, he forgot about that when he pulled this one, then he gets shot. Oh well. What were the perps names again? And where did this happen?

JanAndBill

Arming yourself is the easy part, being proficient with a deadly weapon is the hard part. It's unfortunate and scary that many leave out this step. Several years ago, we were called to respond to a domestic shooting. The husband luckily had only a flesh wound in the arm, despite the fact that the wife had emptied a 9 shot clip in his direction. Officer on scene remarked to the woman "you could have killed him". She replied "I was trying but he kept jumping around to much and wouldn't stand still". Such is the case you are likely to encounter if you ever find the need to use deadly force against an intruder.

Seren

Personally I do not carry or own a gun. Am I anti-gun? Not really, it is allowed, so up to each person, but just like anything else if you abuse it or don't know what you are doing then problems arise, which in the case of dangerous things, may not end well. For me, I do not want to be put in a postion to make a life or death decision in seconds, there is a lot that can go wrong doing that. Gun owners say it is a deterent, how? Do you advertise that you own a gun, put a sign on the RV that says that you are protected by a gun? Gun owners do not carry 24/7, when you don't carry where is it? Bedroom? Glove compartment? Will you have time to get it if something happens? Maybe, maybe not. I am not against your rights at all, but please do not shoot me or my wife because you made a mistake, even with good intent (firing at a criminal and missing), especially if you didn't have enough training. Personally I could not live with myself if in that split second I made a decision to shoot and seriously injured or killed the wrong person.
To each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD