Peeling Couches

Heathcote4

Our bonded leather (im assuming) is beginning to peel after three years of ownership. We had this happen with a set at home and it begins to look horrible quickly.

Is there a fix? Can these cushions be replaced?

I am also assuming this is normal wear and tear so extended warranties dont cover this...

Any advice is appreciated.

The Heathcote's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I have read you can find "sealers" to paint over the area. We replaced the chair last year and the new couch is waiting for our return from the curren trip.

olcoon

We've got the same problem. Recently I was surfing YouTube videos, and ran across this (LINK) video. It looked pretty interesting, but I know these chairs aren't leather. I sent the company (LeatherTouchUpDye.com) an email asking if it would work on imitation leather. They said it would. We are seriously thinking about giving it a try. It'd be cheaper than replacing the recliners, especially since we are thinking about upgrading the rig sometime in the future.

Gao

We've got the same problem. Recently I was surfing YouTube videos, and ran across this (LINK) video. It looked pretty interesting, but I know these chairs aren't leather. I sent the company (LeatherTouchUpDye.com) an email asking if it would work on imitation leather. They said it would. We are seriously thinking about giving it a try. It'd be cheaper than replacing the recliners, especially since we are thinking about upgrading the rig sometime in the future.

We we tried a similar product and it worked well and looked good for about three months. I had repaired the peeling area and then it began to peel at the edge of my repair. Later the repaired area began to turn loose.we were later informed that the glue used with bonded leather soften from body heat. Our furniture was made in China.

woolsack

Loaded a few photo examples of our “peeling couches”, fairly unsightly. Removed the whole mess and bought two love seat recliners. We like the recliners better and they are real leather. Unladened the rig significantly as well.

Attachments

• 156E3BE6-70C0-42EB-9A85-A8EA0679CEE9.jpg
    156E3BE6-70C0-42EB-9A85-A8EA0679CEE9.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
  • D7676F8A-7EAD-4844-8BAD-A266678BCD7B.jpg
    D7676F8A-7EAD-4844-8BAD-A266678BCD7B.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 38
  • C100BD2B-81FF-4D6D-8C61-EF0050711D31.jpg
    C100BD2B-81FF-4D6D-8C61-EF0050711D31.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 35