Pickup 1 Cow 0

mlpeloquin

Wow! Glad your alright. At least it was too heavy to slide up over the hood and go through the window like a dear.

brianlajoie

Do you think one of those bumper guards that you see on pick up trucks would have help? :)

We have mule deer and elk in Colorado (a couple of moose too I guess). Either one of these are big enough to go through a windshield.

Bones

I wonder if a bull bar would help as well with deer and so on as well as another poster.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Bull bar/brush guard will lose the battle every time against an adult black Angus!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy

When we bought our TV I insisted that it have or will have a real Bull Bar. When you buy it in Texas they usually come with them. Only problem is the added front axel weight. With it I'm 100 lbs below gross front axle rating.
PB090004.jpg

IronJ

Ouch..one of my previous trucks had a full Ranch hand replacement. ....smacked a big buck doing 60ish once....pretty much split him in half. ..the top part of my guard was bent and it cracked a headlight.. and bent the upper portion of the tubing back a lil...

I hit a good size (250lbs) Ferrell hog with my btm on The last truck as well...didn't do a thing but leave sum hair and skin...hog didn't fare so well...at least they were short! !

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Mattman

That sucks. Damaged truck, damaged beef. Definitely Truck 0, cow 0. Glad everyone was okay. Except the cow.......

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I almost hit a cow once back in Michigan one night on my way home after dark . . .

Came around an S-curve in the road and there it was . . . just standing there in the middle of the road.

I was able to stop in time . . . beeped my horn and flashed my headlights several times and it finally just slowly walked off of the road.

I was driving a 1979 Volkswagon Rabbit at the time.

Crumgater

There's a 2-lane road SW of Phoenix that you can take as a "short cut" to Gila Bend... goes through reservation territory where they open range cattle. Lots of little hills to shorten viewing distance, too.
Locals call the road "Dead Cow Road" as you always see a few when you drive through. :(