Pipestem resort state park wva

ramjleo

We are planning a trip to West Va. soon and we are thinking about staying at Pipestem Resort State Pk.Has anyone stayed there? If so, how is it? And how is the drive on RT64W from VA? Thanks for any info.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have stayed there a couple of times, but it has been many years ago. Nice, quiet campground last time we were there. It's a crooked road getting to the park, but I-64W was no problem at all. Enjoy

dix36

Have not camped there, but have visited numerous times over the years prior to getting our Bighorn. We lived and went to school not too far away from the park. Not a lot going on at the park except a really nice golf course replete with deer, geese, ducks, rabbits and lots of other wildlife. And, there is a cable car ride down the hillside to the Bluestone River with an operating restaurant (I think?) Tamarack, a place where WV artisans display their crafts, is not too far away on I-77.

Having said all that, my money would be on it being a nice place to camp. It is on our list of places to camp this year. If you get there first, let us know your thoughts.

On edit....would be remiss to not suggest you drive to Bramwell, WV to visit. That is where a lot of the coal barons built their homes. It has a lot of history and the architecture on some of the homes is amazing!!