Votes: 47 13.8%

Votes: 37 10.9%

Votes: 46 13.5%

Votes: 89 26.2%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 121 35.6%

• Total voters

dynaguy

Lakeshore Rv in Michigan was all that we could have hoped for, the savings we huge, the pdi was thorough, the service staff were very helpful and took the time to answer all our questions and did not care that we fimed the pdi for future reference which has been a big help!!

DMitch

RV's For Less

Was the best RV dealer I have dealt with. Fair price, great service and a super well prepared unit. When I arrived the unit was ready. They spent all the time I wanted with me and offered for me to stay on thier lot to make sure everything was 100% and it was.

They told me a few things to watch out for and how to avaid them. Great people, I would buy from again and recomend very highly.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
RVS for Less - Knoxville, TN

100% we would agree with Dan about Rvs for Less (5+). We have bought 2 rigs from them with excellent service both in the purchasing process as well as any follow up work that has popped up. Nice folks :p

DougAndJudy

RVs of Sacramento - 2 rating

I've rated RVs of Sacramento with a 2.

We got a good price on our "demo" 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon in October 2009. From there the whole experience went downhill. Some of the items we noticed in our walk-through took about 6 weeks to get replaced. Some of the items we found after our initial shakedown trip are still unresolved. In November of last year, we told them that we were leaving the area on New Years Day. That was 2 month's notice! They didn't come through.

The service manager and the sales manager insist that they have contacted Heartland to get a replacement piece of furniture, but their story gets fishier and fishier the further we get from Sacramento. They promised a reference number on the replacement from Heartland so we could follow up on our own. No number yet and they do not return phone calls.

I would recommend that prospective buyers avoid them if they expect service after the sale.

biggziff

I would have rated my dealer a 5, but gave them a 4. During a recent warranty visit one of my items was the leaking shower. They said they have this problem with all their campers and it is an easy fix. Well - if you know about a problem and it is common, then you should check it before selling it. Other than that, I have a great experience with my dealer and they negotiated well on the price.

Or...how about the manufacturer fixing it once and for all? :angel:

RVs for less Knoxville TN

Butch, Karen and their staff are top notch in all areas. They actually answered all of my questions during the prepurchase process, They went through the negosiation prosess and did so in a way I see what I needed to in orser to make an informed decision. In other words they were straight up. The delivery was as it should have been, easy paperwork and a very informative walk through. Spent the first night at their lot to make sure we had no issues. Spent three more nights in the area and had Butche's cell phone number just in case. After coming home and putting it in storage with electric, the lost power. Called Butch after hours on his cell and yes he answered. He gave me some things to check and it was the converter. He called Heartland the next day and then called me. I called heartland and they shipped me a converter and Butch had walked me through the change. Yes I could have taken it to a dealer to be replaced but it helped me to learn about the rig and saved me the fuel money of towing it. Butch called me twice to make sure it was working and all was well. These folks are what a dealer should be.

Elevatorman

Camper Country here in Myrtle Beach has so far been top notch since I walked on the lot to make the purchase. Except for small stuff beyond their control, they have taken care of any issue I've had with the unit.

XXLRUNR

Re: Richardson's RV, Sun City/Riverside, CA - 1

Wish I had read this post before I went to Richardson RV in Riverside. PATHETIC !!!!

GETnBYE

Not sure about sales, but I do know about needing service and I DO know where to go and get service. They were great to us and very professional.
RV WORLD OF GEORGIA!!

Nita

Iver

Re: RVS for Less - Knoxville, TN

Just picked up my new trailer today. The only reason I am voting a 4 is because I have no experience with follow up visits for service. The dealer, Rocky Mountain RV and Marine, was excellent. Every person I delt with there was patient and very helpful. The salesman, Jim Henderson, was amazing. When the initial briefing was finished with Travis, Jim followed me home to help me get the trailer in my yard and work on various details that I needed. Since it got too dark to deal with some things well he sugested that he come back the next day to properly finish things. I had rolled a pile of extra things in the purchase to minimize the sales tax. We will work on dewinterizing tomorrow as I have shore power in the yard.
Anyone looking for a good dealership experience need to come here.
Looking forward to our first trip out (Carlsbad, NM) next weekend.

karenh

Re: RVs of Sacramento - 2 rating

I am considering buying a 2010 3670RL at RV's of Sacramento. Have you had any response since your last post from the dealership?

DougAndJudy

I am considering buying a 2010 3670RL at RV's of Sacramento. Have you had any response since your last post from the dealership?

We finally called Heartland customer service directly when we landed in Mesa, AZ. They contacted Flair (one of our recliners was warped from the beginning) and we had a chair shipped to a dealer in Mesa in fairly short order.

It turns out that the Heartland contact that RVs of Sac used had left HL several months previously. Our issues could probably have been resolved much sooner had the service manager used some initiative and tried to get answers from Heartland instead of just continuing to email a person who no longer worked for HL. We deduced this from our conversations with HL, not from RVs of Sac. (we never heard back from them)

One other note: do your homework on extended warranties. RVs of Sac sold us one at a cost that appears to be 2 or 3 times what we could have paid. And beware of irritating upsells by the finance guy.

karenh

Did they charge you a PDI fee or Prep Fee? We are thinking of buying a 2010 3610RL from them soon. The price is very good. We will probably have it serviced locally. After agreeing on a price, they now want to add an additional $850 to cover the walk through, etc. Doesn't seem quite right to me!

DougAndJudy

They tried. Tell them the PDI fee is a deal breaker and that you will be looking elsewhere. Be prepared to walk away.

If you do buy from them, be sure to have them remove the big black RVs of Sacramento sticker that is probably on the top of the back of the rig... Unless they are paying you an advertising fee...

Good luck!

Iver

REVISION ON Rocky Mt. RV and Marine in Albuquerque ... Change from a 4 to a 3. The sales portion of my transaction was good (Jim Henderson, the salesman was great). Subsequent service has been poor. The major thing was an improperly replaced brake controller that was never tested after installation. The same was the case with a Fantastic Fan ... not tested after installation. Don't see how one can install something as important as a brake controller and not test all functions but the tech managed to do just that.

Ah well.

Camping World in Katy (Houston) sales and finance great. service after the sale a 1. After a 6 month trip returned with a typed page listing items; they fiexd 1 item in a month and a half, and left a mess at that on the galley floor.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Did they charge you a PDI fee or Prep Fee? We are thinking of buying a 2010 3610RL from them soon. The price is very good. We will probably have it serviced locally. After agreeing on a price, they now want to add an additional $850 to cover the walk through, etc. Doesn't seem quite right to me!

You gave got to be kidding right? It is 100% wrong period, you can buy elsewhere and i'm sure beat their quote my $1000's.