Poor Bottom Slide Gasket!!!

marc515

We were camping this past weekend, and were in an area loaded with stink bugs. I never gave the slide a thought as the top and side gaskets look to seal fairly well. I should have given the bottom gasket a look as the insects were getting into the camper and I couldn't figure out how. When we got home I looked real good at the gaskets, and the bottom slide gasket is really a POOR DESIGN and does not provide a good seal around the two rails located on the bottom of the slideout. Future outtings I will stuff some paper towels around the slide bar openings to ensure no bugs get in.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Last edited:

beardedone

Beardedone
I made these a couple of years ago for the slide rails on my Landmark. I just used a truck mudflap I had laying around as a sacrificial source.

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 174.JPG
    174.JPG
    508.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 96

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I made these a couple of years ago for the slide rails on my Landmark. I just used a truck mudflap I had laying around as a sacrificial source.

I followed your lead and used an old inner tube. It won't hurt anything if the opening for the ram is just slightly snug, either.