Popping noise

stevebotts

I have read lots of posts about this popping noise. Our Bighorn in 7 months old and we hear this noise during temperature changes. Has anyone on this forum had a fix done and did it work? If so, we may go ahead and contact Lippertt now while still under warranty.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This has been a well discussed issue.
I would contact Lippert and have them document the problem you are having. Have your VIN handy when you call.
I recently heard that they are real close to releasing a cure.

Peace
Dave

I just purchased a Cyclone 4000 Elite and it is doing the same thing. It's so loud in the morning it wakes me up. I'm new here and who is Lippert?

danemayer

I just purchased a Cyclone 4000 Elite and it is doing the same thing. It's so loud in the morning it wakes me up. I'm new here and who is Lippert?
Lippert makes and provides warranty on the hydraulic landing gear and auto-leveling system. Contact info for many of Heartland's suppliers is on the Portal Page.

Lippert Components Inc.
866-524-7821

wdk450

I don't have this system, but have read through all of the threads on it with interest. One thread had the name of the engineer in charge of this at Lippert. Here is a copy of that post: "Call Lippert and ask to talk to Bob Tiedge. He invented the system and is far better to deal with than their customer service reps. We spoke to Bob and got fantastic service. He arranged to have all 6 jacks replaced on our new Big Country and now silence is bliss. There is an extensive thread on this somewhere on the forum."

faceplate

We have a new 2013 bighorn, 3070rl and are having the same problems. We are awakened every 15-20 minutes during the night by a very loud and vibrating popping sound. Took the rig into LaMesa RV in Tucson, AZ and stated that they were aware of the ongoing problem. Sure would have been nice if the Heartland Rep in Customer Service would have informed us of the issue instead of telling us that it's natural that the floor squeeks.

We've left a message with Bob Tiedge and awaiting a call back. It would be nice to get a good night's sleep.

Dave and Pat
Redmond, OR

VKTalley

We have a new 2013 bighorn, 3070rl and are having the same problems. We are awakened every 15-20 minutes during the night by a very loud and vibrating popping sound. Took the rig into LaMesa RV in Tucson, AZ and stated that they were aware of the ongoing problem. Sure would have been nice if the Heartland Rep in Customer Service would have informed us of the issue instead of telling us that it's natural that the floor squeeks.

We've left a message with Bob Tiedge and awaiting a call back. It would be nice to get a good night's sleep.

Dave and Pat
Redmond, OR

Dave and Pat,

Our Big Country has the same popping noise that we have temporally eliminated by putting 1 leveling block (lego blocks as my son-in-love calls them) under each landing gear. So far, it has helped but I'm with you and all the others with popping.....I'd like a solution to the issue.

marvmarcy

Since the hydraulic rams seem affected by temperature change, especially if in direct sun light, has anyone tried painting them white to reduce heat absorption? Black absorbs and radiates heat much better/faster than white.

The rams have a designed angle, presumably to improve stability, but that causes horizontal force. Has anyone inserted spacers behind the rams to make them completely vertical? This may be effective if the popping is a horizontal movement, but not effective if the popping is only vertical movement.

If so, have these actions made any difference?

danemayer

Dave and Pat
Redmond, OR
If you asked about a squeak in the floor, why would you expect anyone to respond by telling you about popping noises in the auto-leveling system?