Popping sound coming from Jack's??

hantzum

I have a 2016 heartland cyclone 4200! Have had it about a year with few issues. Well out of the blue the other night I start to hear a popping coming from the rear area of the coach when anyone walked back there. Anywhere from the kitchen to the garage. Well now two nights later I hear it from the back and the front. I hear it when someone is inside and also when I'm outside the coach! Just randomly it pops. This is sudden. It has never done this before. Currently I have it parked on concrete with a wooden 2x6 under each jack between The Jack's and the concrete.Any suggestions??

richheck

Seasoned Member
Here are instructions from Lippert

Attachments

• LIP 0295 - NOISY JACKS - Adding Anti-Stiction Fluid to LCI Hydraulic Systems.pdf
    504.3 KB · Views: 88

rxbristol

Yep...known issue. Some report total to some success with the additive (CAT being the best). I've had limited success with it. I'm trying something different this weekend. Based on a thought from Dan, I've built beefy and taller landing gear pads which may relieve some of the stiction forces because the hydraulic ram is not extended as far. May not work, but worth a try.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we have added the CAT fluid to our LevelUp system. We notice more popping in the spring and fall when it's warm during the day but chills off at night.

rxbristol

Just like "Nabo" states--Lippert told me it happens more as as the temperature drops 20 degrees and more.

Gaffer

The Maxima helped for awhile. But the popping is back. I would spend a little more and go to your Cat dealer.

Miltp920

I also read on this site the recommendation to build taller "big" blocks for the landing gear to rest on. My front two are about 6 inches (two 2x8 with a 4x4 sandwiched in the middle) and the back 4 have an extra 2x8, so they are 7.5-8 inches tall. I nailed a rope handle on each one and that is how I carry them. The fronts are made shorter on purpose because the front dips down when the rig starts the leveling "dance". We had the popping with the rig sitting on concrete pad (before I made the big blocks. Did not do the fluid change mod, and have not heard the popping in a very long while - always use these blocks.

rxbristol

Installed the super-big landing gear blocks today. My front ones are taller, but I don't do the auto leveling. I can level faster and easier myself. Now it's wait and see. I made the front ones taller because that's where I get the popping. I hope I have the same success as Miltp920.

avvidclif

I journeyed to the local Lowes and picked up an 8' 6x8 piece of treated lumber and 8 screen door handles. I cut it into 1' pieces and put a screen door handle on one end to make them easy to carry. I can have a 6" or 8" spacer that way. I also have 4 4x6 1' pieces also.