Pressure on black tank?

Mrz

While filling up my black tank using the flush system I went inside my 2017 3575 el and when I stepped on the pedal to the toilet pressure was released from the toilet and air/water sprayed up from the toilet drain. I understand there is a vent and it may have been blocked but I don't see how toilet paper would cause such a black so that I would build pressure while filling the tank.
Also I noticed when I depress the foot pedal for an extended period of time the clear hose at the rear of the toilet drips. This hose has a spring clamp on it and I was thinking of changed it to a hose clamp.
Comments?

CDN

B and B
Hello
Depending on how full the tank was the vent could be plugged by water itself. I seldom fill my tank with the flusher (some provincial parks do not have flusher connections) and just use it to spray the sludge out. We boondock often and use blue stuff to break down solids and control odour. I also use a mix of fabric softener and laundry detergent and a few gallons of water to slosh around when driving. I have found this works well in loosening up stuff.

Brian

Relayman

The instructions on black tank flusbing syst emstate do not depress the flush pedal while the black tank flushing system is on.
You will get a surprise you
will not like.
😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

When putting water in the black tank flush, with the tank valve or sewer outlet closed, NEVER walk away. If you overfill the tank, you can force water up the vent and out over the roof, or force a leak at one of the tank connections, or damage the tank.

It's usually a good idea to set a timer on your smart phone. With our 45 gallon black tank, I generally use 6 minutes. With a 5 gpm flow of water, that would put 30 gallons in the tank.