Price difference betwen 2016 and 2015 Landmarks

TxCowboy

I'm seeing a substantial price difference between the same models of Landmark 365s in my local area between the 2015 and the 2016 models.

Do these units depreciate that much in one year? I know all RVs take a pounding in value when you roll them off the lot but a drop in excess of 33 percentbecause of one year age difference when the unit is still classified as new?

All that said, maybe the DW and I should consider buying a new one-year old model of the LM. All of the regular warranty periods are based upon when the unit is placed into service (i.e., purchased), right?

EDIT: For Forum rules compliance

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes to the warranty. RV's for Less had 2 365's for about $71K a few days ago. I think one was a 2015 and one that was 2016. You might check their web site. The $120K was some dealers MSRP and not what HL's MSRP is. Download HL's MSRP from the forum and build your own. Then take 25 to 30% off that price.

TxCowboy

Bob, good comments. Yeah, the price tags I've been tracking are all Texas prices that I've seen. It seems when you do an RV search in Texas, you're going to pay a premium price. It is almost worthwhile to fly to Ohio or Indiana, buy the unit you want, and pay to have it delivered to your Texas home.

But even with the inflated Texas prices, isn't 1/3 off a bit of an extreme price reduction from one model year to the next?

EDIT: Edit for Forum rules compliance per Bob's comment in #4 below.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Jeff, quoting prices on the forum is not allowed. RV's For Less is in Tenn. You might give Butch a call, tell him what you are looking at and get a ball park price. What model of 365 suits your fancy??

osims

bsims
If you shop around I think you can get same pricing in Texas, they just don't advertise there bottom line price on the web.

danemayer

I'm seeing an almost $50K difference between the same models of Landmark 365s in my local area between the 2015 and the 2016 models. Both models listed around the $120K mark when first introduced.

They're just showing you a discounted price on the 2015 and full price on the 2016 to make you think you're getting a great end of model year deal.

bob34787

they actually depreciate worse than that, I paid xxxxxx for my 2013 its worth xxxxxx now, MSRP was xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

pegmikef

I have often wondered where this so-called MSRP thing comes from. Everybody says never pay that and most buyers use it to subtract 30 to 35 percent to get an actual price. Is the idea like selling something on Craig's list by jacking up the price so buyers can negotiate you down to the price you actually want . . . or do they just spin a wheel that has a range of jacked up prices on it knowing that very few naive customers will pay the MSRP for a unit?

Mburtsvt

Jeff, quoting prices on the forum is not allowed. RV's For Less is in Tenn. You might give Butch a call, tell him what you are looking at and get a ball park price. What model of 365 suits your fancy??

Can we quoit “percent off” from MSRP? If a LM is MSRP’ed at xxxK and its xxxK off-thats around 44% off. Heck of a deal. At the end of the day several manufactures do not let dealers list the sale price off of MSRP because they are MAP’ed units, (Minimum advertised price). Breaking MAP takes away a lot of the dealers incentives.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob, good comments. Yeah, the price tags I've been tracking are all Texas prices that I've seen. It seems when you do an RV search in Texas, you're going to pay a premium price. It is almost worthwhile to fly to Ohio or Indiana, buy the unit you want, and pay to have it delivered to your Texas home.

But even with the inflated Texas prices, isn't 1/3 off a bit of an extreme price reduction from one model year to the next?

EDIT: Edit for Forum rules compliance per Bob's comment in #4 below.

Just because in Texas they advertise those prices doesn't mean they get them or don't want to negotiate. We talked to a manager at a dealership, he happened to be the one who found us in a rig on their lot. After discussing the features and such, He said, "Let me cut to the chase. I know you are experienced RVers and know what you want. Here's my best deal...."

It was more then 30% off MSRP. Too bad we were not in a position to buy at the time!

I have heard of some folks getting the best quote they can from those northern dealers, then having a Texas dealer match it, + transport costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Explore USA is an example. Their posted prices on the web and at the lot are abt 10% off. When I asked they went to 30% off and then we started haggling.

Bob&Patty

Peg, RV dealers are not regulated like car dealers MSRP's by our trusty Gov. They can put any price they want on coaches. Some uninformed people will pay it....most won't.

JEG1944

I just purchased a new 2015 Northtrail 22fbs from an Explorer USA dealer in East Texas after haggling for over a month. I finally informed him of the prices in Ohio and that I was willing to go there and pick it up or pay the freight to have it delivered and gave him an offer to match them plus freight. He accepted my offer and it saved me a ton.

jimtoo

Hi JEG1944,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mike the MSRP is there so that when you want to upgrade and they have to add the losses from your trade in, the new one is worth the added cost of the price plus the new RV.

I have often wondered where this so-called MSRP thing comes from. Everybody says never pay that and most buyers use it to subtract 30 to 35 percent to get an actual price. Is the idea like selling something on Craig's list by jacking up the price so buyers can negotiate you down to the price you actually want . . . or do they just spin a wheel that has a range of jacked up prices on it knowing that very few naive customers will pay the MSRP for a unit?