Prospective Owner of Sundance

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're Sundance owners. Here's our list of Pros & Cons:

Pros: Light, but sturdy; tows easily behind a 3/4/Ton; nice floorplans; nice price point; nice interior touches - solid suface countertop, etc

Cons: Light, feel movement a little more than heavier rigs; less storage than a bigger rig; fewer high end options

Overall: We like it and it's great for weekend/short term camping. I wouldn't full-time in it however.

jimtoo

Hi jiggerk,

I moved your post from the Hershey Show thread and started a new thread just for you. We have a great bunch of people here, welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family.

I'm sure you will get lots of replies to your question here.

Jim M

DntDctr

I have a Sundance 285BH. I like it lots. It's our first 5er, not our first trailer. Pulls easily with our F250. First season and no problems aside from a leaky shower. I recaulked and no more leak. It's seems much better built than other trailers in the same price point. I know the movement when parked was pretty bad. I installed JT's and its rock solid. I would suggest that Heartland install this type of bracing from the factory as standard. I would today, knowing what i know, order a new trailer and jts or the like at the same time...

loafer

we bought a sundance 24/5 fifth wheel in may this year.We are on our first big trip and have driven I-5 rockin nad rollin from BC Canada to Chico california .the trailer tows well behind our dually .We only had a problem with the legs rolling up too high and blowing in line fuse.With help from this forum realized how to fix problem and its good now.Great trailer would recommend to you.Off to the Oregon coast tomorrow and see how the sundance holds up going back home.good luck
u

MurrayN.

We bought the 3600RLB late last winter and have really enjoyed it with virtually no problems. It has more luxury features for its price point than any other trailer out there, and this is our first Heartland trailer, but definitely won't be our last. Going from a 31' other brand 5'er to this 36' we noticed very little difference in the way that the trailer pulls down the road, it is very comfortably controlled by my 3/4 ton. We had an issue with the finish on the outer wall when we picked up the trailer, but Heartland immediately authorized the repair and the dealer looked after us 100%. Very satisfied with the whole process. I would recommend finding a dealer that you are really comfortable with the will look after you. Happy trailer shopping!:)

grizzlygiant

We "half-time" in our Sundance 2800 and are very comfortable. We downsized from a Big Horn and enjoy the ease of pulling/parking the somewhat smaller trailer. The Heartlansa are the best rigs we have ever owned.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our Sundance came with the manual awning, did you mean automatic? I exchanged the analog thermostat with a digital a couple of weeks ago. Took less than an hour.

jbeletti

Will Heartland install other items ? Manual operated awning, Digital thermastat ?

If you place an order for your RV, yes, you can opt for the manual awning. Even if the electric awning is a forced option - you can usually get the factory to substitute the manual one.

The digital thermostat would be something you or your dealer can do - but the factory does not offer it for Sundance.

Jim

jiggerk

Treked down to the Hershey show. Spent a lot of time going over the Sundance's, talked with the factory rep quite a bit, salesman. Made a decision which model # 3200 RE. Sat down with sale people picked all the options,etc. came up with a great price $$ went over what we are trading. Gave us a price for the trade, Thats when we got a slap in the face. Dealer wanted us to give away the trade. Showed them what we were offered at a local dealer for a Jayco, then it seams like all talks ended, sales peoples attitude did a big turn around :(. Needless we did not purchase a Sundance. Back to the local dealers.