Puzzled over battery issue

yport

Just experienced an issue with our 2014 BH3685RL that puzzles me. During our return trip from Florida last week discovered that the fridge was not working on gas while traveling. Plenty of gas but no apparent power to the fridge as the battery is not working now....verified by flipping some of the light switches too. Expected I needed to check/replace the battery as it somehow went dead on me ... however, I then realized that the hydraulic slides are still working and the 6 point leveling system turns on and lights up and operates ... and I suspect they require the same battery. When I push the battery tester button next the tank level buttons it gives me no lights to indicate battery power.

Am I missing something here?

danemayer

The answer is found in the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. There's a manual reset 12V mini-breaker that's tripped. When tripped, no power from the battery gets to the interior of the coach, but the high-current devices like slides still do get power. The guide has a more detailed explanation and pictures to help you find it and reset it.

jimtoo

Sounds like you have a12v breaker tripped or fuse blown maybe on the converter.

I am also moving thread to correct area.

JimM

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
If your refrigerator is in a slide check the 12 volt wires going to the slide for loose connections or abraded, cut wires due to binding between the slide frame and the trailer frame. Do all the 12 volt lights work in the slide?

yport

Thank you gentlemen ... this is my 3rd rv and first I ran into this situation. I will get over to my rig asap (woke to 37 degrees and white stuff on the lawn!) to seek out the mini breaker and also be sure there are no wire issues going into the slide if the breaker isn't the answer.

More later :)

yport

You guys are great ~ and this Heartland site is too ~ I went over to the rv today, and armed with the 12V Block Diagram I found that sneaky little (little being the operative word) reset button ... and VOILA! Now I just have to monitor it as to why it tripped. We did have some RV park power blackout (whole park) and wonder if that did it.

Thanks Dan, Jim & Terry for the help!