Question for you Savannah owners please

MrRvGypsy

I have ordered my new Savannah without bedroom TV so i can choose what I wish and I wish to take advantage of great current pricing for TV's. What is the dimensions of the area for the bedroom TV. I know it comes with a 32" as standard but I wonder if I could go up a size if space permits.
Thanks in advance for the info.
BTW. We are getting excited It will be a long 8 weeks waiting for it to arrive.

danemayer

Hi MrRvGypsy,

For preliminary purposes, I'm sure someone can take a measurement for you. But I would wait to buy until you can measure your unit. Sometimes changes are made in mid-model year; yours could come off the line different from someone else's.

travlingman

I can't get to mine tonight, but will measure tomorrow for you. I know with the 32" that came with ours, there wasn't alot of space left.

MrRvGypsy

The facia opening is 31"wide x 20"high. The opening behind the facia is 33"wide x 23"high x 9" deep.

Thank you for that info. A 32 inch LG it will be. Now for the fun of customizing the audio entertainment systems in this new trailer. As a former radio station engineer I can't seem to leave the stock audio and television systems alone. I highly doubt the Heartland factory employed audion engineers and technicians when they designed and planned the entertainment arease of this trailer.
I ordered mine with the outdoor entertainment system and one of the first changes will be to insulate and seal outdoor entertainment system as it has no insulation behind it and is open in the dining room table cabinet to the inside as a huge heat and cooling loss area.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That was the first thing we did with our outside entertainment center...you could really feel the cold coming thru when sitting at the table...nice and warm now!

MrRvGypsy

Hi Ken Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Just curious what you used to insulated the outdoor entertainment centre. I am planning on using the DOW Blue styrofoam to line the inside of the dinette buffet cabinet and I was thinking of spraying the backside of the television mounting panel with the spray foam insulation.

jbeletti

Hi Ken Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Just curious what you used to insulated the outdoor entertainment centre. I am planning on using the DOW Blue styrofoam to line the inside of the dinette buffet cabinet and I was thinking of spraying the backside of the television mounting panel with the spray foam insulation.

I would consider fiberglass insulation with paper on both sides, or fiberglass insulation placed inside plastic (tall kitchen plastic trash bags or similar). I would do it it 2 separate vertical panels, one behind each of the 3 (or is it 4) doors on the inside. This way, the insulation comes out easily for servicing the gear or adding more wiring etc.