Racking Up The Miles

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Yahooee! We're eatin' at the Landmark Diner! Guess I don't have to put my other 2 dining chairs back in the Bighorn!

The next question is what's on the menu?

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
After one year of traveling the rally circuit I decided to do a little math. We have attended 9 official Heartland Rallies, 6 unofficial camp outs with Heartland friends and 2 RV Shows representing the Owners Club. All combined for 8,566 miles traveled! We loved every minute of getting together with friends and can't wait for next year!

I havn't added up the miles but I'm pretty sure we are close on all the rallys and we sure had a great time with you guys!

loafer

Well Ohio and Nashville rallies racked up the miles for us this year 3 months on the road on our x-Canada and USA tour
Met lots of great Heartland and rv folks across this great land we live in .
Approx 12,500 miles for us
Keep on Kamping
Bill

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well Ohio and Nashville rallies racked up the miles for us this year 3 months on the road on our x-Canada and USA tour
Met lots of great Heartland and rv folks across this great land we live in .
Approx 12,500 miles for us
Keep on Kamping
Bill

Hey Bill, I can't wait until I'm not putting any miles on traveling to work everyday! I dream of three months on the road but return to reality every Monday morning. And I just thought of that too. We did most of those for a 2 or 3 day weekends. The mileage that I gave was Heartland related and didn't include personal weekend trips or daily driving.

Mike & Ann surely will have a high mileage total as well. I think they were at every rally we went to and almost every campout! Add 'em up Sista! Let's see what how you did.

Jim B, Some may have you beat on ground miles but you win the prize for time spent taking pics in airports, missed connecting flights and total air miles!

shovelguy

what goes on at the rallies?

We met and made some very nice friends (Roger and Janet, Cal and Judy, Bill and Maureen) and had the best and funniest time at the dinner and entertainment. It was a lot of fun and well worth the trip back east. Really awesome to see all those Heartland rigs all together. j

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
what goes on at the rallies?

Well, at the rallies we laugh, we eat, we laugh and we eat again. We may occasionally judge Pete's backing skills :cool: and then we laugh and we eat. We also have been known to sit around a fire where we laugh and we eat!

I will say that the people we have met on the Eastern Rally Circuit have become some of my closest friends. If you love meeting people with the same interests, eating and laughing around the fire you should plan to attend a rally in 2011.

Everything good happens at a rally! :)