rear awning in Cyclone 3795?

Hi, I recently bought a 2007 Cyclone 3795 and I am wondering about what appears to be a screen room or awning connection on either side of the rear ramp door. I have included a photo below, but it's a light tube frame structure that extends backwards, parallel to the ramp. Just in front of it are twist-tabs that are used to secure some sort of grommeted something. I have yet to find any other pipes in the rig.

I have done some searching and have found the flat pull down screens that cover the back door and screen rooms that cover the main/side awning, and a few toy hauler ramp screen room options. It seems most likely to be the last - a dedicated ramp screen room. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas who would have manufactured this, particularly since the grommet connections are on the outside, and most of the images I am seeing online have interior attachment points. Thanks in advance, Laurie

16442623831_2b36900832_z.jpg

danemayer

Hi garockcrawler,

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Customer Service or the Parts Department should be able to tell you the manufacturer and may even have a part #.

Thanks! I guess I hadn't considered it could be a factory option - I assumed it was aftermarket. I will give them a call.
Laurie

danemayer

I don't know if it was a factory option, but for the price of a phone call you'll probably have an answer.

If the factory records from back then aren't complete enough to help, you might call Lippert. I believe they make the ramp door and accessories. You can also poke around their product catalog.

ILH

I don't think I've ever seen an "exterior" cover on a Heartland toy hauler like that. Very unusual.

neegirll

We have a 2011 3800 and have that exact awning that you can then add to and create a screened porch. The official name is Outback Awning and Room made by Carefree of Colorado.

cyclone.jpg

Here is what it looks like set up. After searching high and low via the internet I was able to find instructions. I just submitted the manual to the Forum for them to post. You can no longer purchase the awning and outback room it has been discontinued.

Last edited:
Thank you for this info! I am thinking we just need to remove the poles from the camper, then. The one is loose and I don't want it flopping around crazily.

Zedd

Garockcrawler Welcome to the forum! This is a great place with great people willing to provide information and assistance to everyone! Its Nice to see another 3795 owner on here were getting far and few between! Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours!

Hey, thanks! This forum has been so useful. We are taking our rig out this weekend on a mini maiden voyage to a local campground to text everything out. The competition season starts in 3 weeks. Excited!

laurie