Rear Towing Hitch

I have a 2014 Landmark Savannah. It came with a 1 1/4" hitch. It is too light to handle our carrier. The carrier needs a 2" receiver. I have put an adapter on the hitch, but it puts too much weight on the hitch and has bent it. Does anyone know of a website or where I can find information on a 2" unit that would bolt to the Savannah's frame?

danemayer

Hi BobJudy4044,

A lot of people have had 2" receivers custom fabricated, but perhaps someone has experience with an aftermarket bolt-on receiver hitch.

You should keep in mind that Lippert makes and warrants the frame. They're pretty squirrely about attaching heavier stuff to their frame. So if you do something that causes a frame problem, you'll likely be on your own for a remedy.

sjs731

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434540738.735210.jpg
I drew this and had one of the guys fab it up at work. I ordered an unfinished 2" receiver so there was no grinding of paint to weld it on and then had the company that does our painting paint it for me. Just bolts thru the flange on the ibeam of the frame.

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

AAdams

Here is another thread link on this. It is very detailed as far as the hitch another HOC member designed and made.