Recall on Fastec Industries door locks.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Great link and information, Here is a link to a similar thread.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I received my new cylinders and tool yesterday. The old cylinders did not come out as advertised and the "Help" line was already closed. I tried turning the tool over...made sure it was in as far as possible...tried wiggling and turning as I pulled...nothing! The video doesn't provide any direction if difficulty is encountered.
Has anyone else had difficulty doing the swap? What is the key? (no pun intended :eek:)

GETnBYE

I received my new cylinders and tool yesterday. The old cylinders did not come out as advertised and the "Help" line was already closed. I tried turning the tool over...made sure it was in as far as possible...tried wiggling and turning as I pulled...nothing! The video doesn't provide any direction if difficulty is encountered.
Has anyone else had difficulty doing the swap? What is the key? (no pun intended :eek:)
We got our replacements, but have not tried as yet to install them. I don't think we will have trouble because our lock tumbler barrel comes out many times with just our regular keys. My hubby says I turn the key the wrong way and it causes it to come out. Good Luck, and will let you know if we find out the "key" to the fix.