Repair Issues

Torres

I just returned from Camping World and was told that the kitchen sink drain issues on my 2014 XLT 277RL has them baffled and that they have done all they can think of. The problem is only with the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink and shower work fine. They also told me that they are working with Heartland to warranty out the mechanical vent, which by the way was replaced last time. The vent has been removed and the water still will not go down which indicates that the problem is beyond the vent. It is very frustrating to have a 2 month old RV with this problem, by the way, we have taken it camping twice and had to return home with a clogged drain and the RV back at Camping World. Has anyone else had this experience and what was the final outcome?

MrRvGypsy

Re: Repar Issues

Was the kitchen drain draining properly at the dealer during your PDI when you picked up the trailer? If so I suspect you will need to get a plumber with a camera snake to snake it looking for a visual plug in the lines.
I think you need to find another repair shop. Possible a dedicated RV repair service willing to do warranty work with HL to dig a little deeper looking for the issue rather than Camping World who seems to have given up pretty darn quickly.
If your kitchen sink is mechanically vented underneath the sink simply unscrewing and removed the one-way vent valve will quickly confirm whether that is the problem. If snacking it with a camera produces a plug they will be able to determine plug position by length and opening the underbelly might be needed to remove plug.

Jim.Allison

Re: Repar Issues

There are no ghost in cars, trucks, or fifth wheels. There is a plumbing vent, if it is clear then it is the sink drain. It is either clear or not. Your drain is pinched close or has an obstruction. PERIOD. Someone has to get dirty and trace it out.

I just returned from Camping World and was told that the kitchen sink drain issues on my 2014 XLT 277RL has them baffled and that they have done all they can think of. The problem is only with the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink and shower work fine. They also told me that they are working with Heartland to warranty out the mechanical vent, which by the way was replaced last time. The vent has been removed and the water still will not go down which indicates that the problem is beyond the vent. It is very frustrating to have a 2 month old RV with this problem, by the way, we have taken it camping twice and had to return home with a clogged drain and the RV back at Camping World. Has anyone else had this experience and what was the final outcome?