Replace Double sweep seal with single sweep

tmaxx00

I am replacing the slide seal on my 2017 Bighorn. The existing seal is a "double sweep seal" shown below in left pic. It's a single piece that wraps around the exterior wall with sweeps inside and out. A 96" piece of this original seal is $400! I found a single seal on Amazon for much cheaper at $45 for a 10' piece - see right pic below. It seems that I could buy two single seals and install on inside and outside of the slide and it should have same result as the original double sweep seal. Anyone else done similar repair?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-200018_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-200018_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20221010-195905_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-195905_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 78

rclogg

No but I have the same problem, the dealer wants $4000 to pull the slide out off and replace the seal. I can do a lot of repairs for $4000.

I am replacing the slide seal on my 2017 Bighorn. The existing seal is a "double sweep seal" shown below in left pic. It's a single piece that wraps around the exterior wall with sweeps inside and out. A 96" piece of this original seal is $400! I found a single seal on Amazon for much cheaper at $45 for a 10' piece - see right pic below. It seems that I could buy two single seals and install on inside and outside of the slide and it should have same result as the original double sweep seal. Anyone else done similar repair?
Did you complete your slide project? I have same one piece seal as you. $245 for new one 14’ long,

sfcbuz

I am going through this same issue right now, what did you end up doing on yours? I called a mobile RV tech and he wouldn't touch it, said the slide needed to be removed.

RoadJunkie

Because something is done in a particular manner, doesn't mean it always has to be done in the same manner. Nice job.