Replaced refrigerator drain tube

Hoosier Wolverine

I've seen a number of posts related to problems with crumbling and/or broken refer drain tubes. Finally after cobbling together my old crumbled tubing more than once, I decided it was time. First, I removed the plastic adaptor from inside the refrigerator. I quickly realized the original tubing had been installed from outside during factory build (the hole the adapter goes into is too small to fit with the tubing on it). I found it impossible to reach far enough up from outside to assemble that way. I'm too lazy to remove the refrigerator. Finally, I took a chance and bored the hole inside the refer a bit bigger (it was 1/2", I bored it to 5/8"). The rest was easy, a matter of slipping new plastic tubing over the adaptor and pushing it through the oversized hole. I was concerned that it might not feed past everything in the way so that I could retrieve it from outside. No problem. The job was easier than I had been led to believe.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's something I need to do this season. Sounds like a good alternative way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk