Replacement motor for landing gear jack

HappyKayakers

Hey all, I'm currently on the road in Tacoma WA. Looks like my old ADTH landing gear motor is belly up. Just from the quick research I've done this morning, it looks like that motor is no longer available. Does anyone know what the replacement motor is? I'd like to get one ordered and in my hands in the next few days since I have to hit the road next week for sugar beet harvest.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is there a phone number or does the company have a website you could call? I believe current models use jacks/motors from Venture Mfg., whose website and number are on the portal page. Perhaps they could figure out a comparable one for you. The motor may (??) be universal but the gearboxes different.

I noticed that the Front Leveling Motor came loose. When you raise or lower it moves back and forth and gets up against the bar that runs to both sides. Has anybody ran across this problem?

Jim and Margie
2009 Big Country 3285
06 F350 Super Dutuy

jnbhobe

I noticed that the Front Leveling Motor came loose. When you raise or lower it moves back and forth and gets up against the bar that runs to both sides. Has anybody ran across this problem

Sounds to me like the gear box has a broken positioning lug broke, you may have run the landing gear to the stop and it broke and the fuse didn't blow. You need to tape or paint a line so it doesn't happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

You might be able to secure the motor with a large screw hose clamp (or 2 or more hose clamps threaded end-to-end).

Do you still need a new motor? I believe these landing gear motors are all pretty much the same design. The Domar motor listed here: http://www.domarproducts.com/electricmotor.html is pretty reasonable as the price of these motors goes.

If you need a new gearbox due to the motor retaining ear being broken off, Domar's gearbox is metal, not plastic. Again, this design is pretty much universal: http://www.domarproducts.com/gearbox.html