Replacing Kitchen Faucet

wdk450

Gang:
I have one of the oiled bronze single lever extendable hose sprayer kitchen sink faucets, like this:
RV kitchen faucet.jpg (except the baseplate is not present).
Anyways, last week the sprayer was in the base and i pressed down on the stream/spray switch on top to change to stream, the switch was sticky and i didn't think that i pushed down hard, but the sprayer wand snapped apart where it inserts into the base. I discovered that the sprayer is PLASTIC painted oiled bronze.
I found the same sprayer on the internet, but shipping almost equaled the price. So I looked around on E-Bay and found this high rise faucet with a pulldown hose that is listed as retailing at $222 and they are selling for $74. It is also listed as being metal, not plastic.
RV Faucet 2.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171824881082

We will see if I can make this installation work.

TxCowboy

I had the kitchen faucet replaced on my LM 365 by a mobile service tech almost immediately after we took delivery. Apparently, almost any kitchen faucet will replace the stock items being installed in these larger 5th wheels. Same is true for your bathroom faucets.

Bobby A

A friend just replaced his kitchen faucet yesterday in his Cyclone, bought it from Home Depot, he had to buy a couple addition fittings but no big deal, it took him about 1/2 hour.

danemayer

I changed our kitchen faucet a few months ago using one from Lowes. Had to buy some fittings to adapt the faucet connections to the pex connections. While it was disconnected, I added Sharkbite cutoff valves. Also added a cutoff valve when I replaced the toilet. I'll probably never have to use them, but I like the idea that if I have a problem, I can shut off water to one fixture and continue using other fixtures. Previously added cutoffs to the washing machine water lines. I suppose one day I'll have to add them to the shower and bathroom sink lines.

jbeletti

Bill - the new faucet looks nice.

Note that one time, someone told me that on faucets that have the hose that connects to the spray head, that the spray head is almost always plastic. I suspect your new one will be as well. Not the neck - but the spray head. Maybe it's for weight reasons.

wdk450

Jim and All:
The new faucet is finally installed. It doesn't help to be 17 miles from the Home Depot, and to get the wrong adapter the first trip there.

The correct adapter (from Home Depot) is a Watts LFA-124 3/8 OD x 1/2 in MIP (male to male threads).

The new faucet looks a lot larger than the old one, but the downward spray pattern is nice, and even if the nozzle head is plastic (I'm not sure), it is not subject to the side pressure the old faucet was when switching the spray/stream switch. With the neck being large, and the RV sink smaller than standard home sinks, the sprayer nozzle is also over the center of the basins, which is nice. I installed the new faucet without the baseplate just like the original one was from Heartland. I also didn't use the included soap pump as I didn't want to drill any more holes in the countertop.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim and All:
The new faucet is finally installed. It doesn't help to be 17 miles from the Home Depot, and to get the wrong adapter the first trip there.

The correct adapter (from Home Depot) is a Watts LFA-124 3/8 OD x 1/2 in MIP (male to male threads).

The new faucet looks a lot larger than the old one, but the downward spray pattern is nice, and even if the nozzle head is plastic (I'm not sure), it is not subject to the side pressure the old faucet was when switching the spray/stream switch. With the neck being large, and the RV sink smaller than standard home sinks, the sprayer nozzle is also over the center of the basins, which is nice. I installed the new faucet without the baseplate just like the original one was from Heartland. I also didn't use the included soap pump as I didn't want to drill any more holes in the countertop.

Please post a pic!

dbbls59

I have been considering switching out my kitchen faucet. I like the looks of the one you used. Already switched out the bath faucet.

wdk450

Gang:
Just a 2nd functionality item on the new faucet assembly I got off of E-Bay. I have been out of my Bighorn over 2 months while it was being repaired. I have been back in it for a week, and am putting it in storage for a week with my sister's healthcare issues. Anyways, this morning I finally did a load of dishes, with the wash basin on the left and the rinse on the right. When I got done, and went to drain the wash water, I found that that part of the drain was clogged. The right basin worked O.K. I tried one of the plastic sink hair grabber tools,but that didn't open the clog. I was about to boil a pan of water for the boiling water drain opening technique, when the nozzle on the new faucet caught my eye. It is like a fire nozzle (or old time telephone earpiece) but it turned out it was just the right size to fit in the drain cup fixture. A little hot water pressure and the drain clog was gone!!!

Mizmary

Awesome! I've been off the forum for quite some time. Hubby being deployed to another country, homeschooling, and the like.. At any rate, last year I replaced both the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets. It was worth every penny. :) Glad yours is working out for you too! Here's a picture of my boy freaking out because he has to wash the "icky dishes" with it. :)

IMG_5714.jpg