Reversing Refrig Door

Paul_in_MN

One of the irritations we have experienced with our 2010 Eagle Ridge 34RLSA is that we can not open the refrig door more than a couple of inches when the big left slide is closed. This has meant that I have to extend the slide while in a rest stop, or into a traffic lane if I am stopping at a city park, just to get something cold to drink or maybe the makings of a quick sandwich. Currently the hinges are at the right side of the frig, and the door opens on the left. This is convenient when all slides are out and the 5er is parked, however the door is blocked by the slide when the slide is "in".

My solution is to reverse the hinges on the frig door (Dometic, 8 cu ft) so the swing is opening on the right side. This makes the trailer much friendlier when travelling, but is maybe a bit less convenient when fully set-up.

Has anyone tried to reverse the frig door swing? My dealer thinks it can be done, but has never done it. He also thinks it needs some special order parts from Dometic.

Your advice is appreciated.

Paul_in_MN

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Had my door reversed by the dealer. quick easy and not costly. I think the "kit" is about $5. Easy to do by yourself, just unscrew the hinges and put them on the otherside and plug the old holes.