road trip from alberta to las vegas in april

gag518

My wife and I are trying to plan a road trip from central Alberta to Las Vegas the third week of April. I would like some advice about where to stop and the best route to travel. We are not in a big rush to get there. We are thinking of taking 3-4 days to get there and A little quicker coming home. Also any input on road conditions would be great, Places to stop and see/stay. A decent rv resort in Las Vegas that doesn't charge an arm and a leg would be great.

mlpeloquin

There are four RV parks in Las Vegas that I have stayed at. Thousand Trails, Las Vegas KOA at Sam's Town, Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort, and Arizona Charlies. Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort is where the Heartland national rally was last year and is a bit pricey. The other three are on Bolder Highway away from the strip. Thousand Trails RV spots are tight and close. The other two are paved and modern. There is also an RV parks at Circus Circus. Circus Circus is $31/night: https://www.circuscircus.com/en/hotel/rv-park.html I just checked Good Sam and there is Las Vegas RV Resort that has lowered there prices to $32.63 with tax included. I have not stayed there. Check out their web page: http://www.lasvegasrvresort.com The rest you can look up for rates, but if you want to be near the strip then Las Vegas RV Resort, Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort, and Circus Circus are the parks. If you don't mind a 25 minuet drive then the ones on Bolder Highway are fine.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I are trying to plan a road trip from central Alberta to Las Vegas the third week of April. I would like some advice about where to stop and the best route to travel. We are not in a big rush to get there. We are thinking of taking 3-4 days to get there and A little quicker coming home. Also any input on road conditions would be great, Places to stop and see/stay. A decent rv resort in Las Vegas that doesn't charge an arm and a leg would be great.
2,600 kilometers in 3-4 days is pretty aggressive, for me it's 5-6 days. But no matter how long you drive each day take I-15 and spend some time in Utah. There are some great National Parks and Monuments to visit.

Peace
Dave

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have done this trip several times. We have stopped at Dick's RV Park in Great falls, Lincoln Park in Helena, KOA in Pocatello. The route we take is Interstate 15 to Boulder, MT, then 69 to Whitehall, 55 and 41 to Dillon, MT. This bypasses several grades on the Interstate. Hope this helps. Doug