Roof leak in Pioneer BH-175

Hey All,

I'm new to the camper trailer experience and ended up buying a used 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH-175. The camper has a salvaged title due to it being broken into so I'm trying my best to replace the parts needed. One of the major parts that I need to fix is a leak in the roof. I have watch quite a few youtube videos and have a general idea what needs to be done.

1. What products do you suggest for replacing the rubber membrane? I was going to go with this rubber membrane.
  2. Any suggestion on the which product to use for the rubber sealant? I had this one in mind rubber sealant.
  3. Since I have to replace the roof would this be a good time to replace the bathroom vent, vent camps, TV antenna?
  4. What is the best way to replace the rotted ceiling panel or how to cover it up?
Any help is greatly appreciated as my goal is to get this up and running by Fall if everything goes well. If you guys have any additional suggestion please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• rot.jpg
    rot.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • camper_roof.jpg
    camper_roof.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

wdk450

I dont know about your roof panel solution, but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Henrys 887 Tropicool Elastometric roof coating. I got it primarily as a summer heat roof reflectance product (it has an 94% IR reflectacne rating) for my fulltime life here in sunny southern California, had it installed (pressure wash and 2 coats within 1 day - also the vendor did all of the slideout roofs, too) by a local RV servicing vendor at my RV park site 5 years ago. It has lasted over 5 years with no leaks and a much cooler summer 5th wheel. The coating and special caulk for minor repairs is available at Home Depot, Lowes, and Amazon. The price doubled about 2 years after I got it due to the Henrys company being bought by a Chinese concern, but I think I noticed the prices somewhat lower again after a recent visit to HD.

Bogie

Hey All,

I'm new to the camper trailer experience and ended up buying a used 2018 Heartland Pioneer BH-175. The camper has a salvaged title due to it being broken into so I'm trying my best to replace the parts needed. One of the major parts that I need to fix is a leak in the roof. I have watch quite a few youtube videos and have a general idea what needs to be done.

1. What is the best way to replace the rotted ceiling panel or how to cover it up?
The rotted portion of the ceiling panel looks localized. Instead of replacing the entire ceiling panel, you might want to consider installing a plastic ceiling/wall access panel in that spot. Even though you don't really need access, it could solve the problem and would look pretty good aesthetically. They are available in various sizes.