Roof Ripples? Anyone seen this before?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was up doing some lap sealant work on the roof today, and noticed an odd looking effect happening in one area of our roof. Its' about a 1.5' x 3' area, behind the rear AC unit. Here's a few pics of it. At first I thought it was just a run-off pattern in the dirt on the roof, but you can actually feel the undulations. We are full-time mostly stationary, and the run-off pattern of condensation from the AC does not flow over this area. Last time we moved was Easter weekend in Mid-April.

IMG_5738.jpgIMG_5737.jpgIMG_5736.jpgIMG_5735.jpgIMG_5734.jpgIMG_5733.jpg

Any idea what this means?

Attachments

• IMG_5733.jpg
    IMG_5733.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

MTPockets

The roofing expands and contracts constantly. The material is glued down and over time will deteriorate. My roof looked like that and was never an issue for me. Just my opinion.

carl.swoyer

I was up doing some lap sealant work on the roof today, and noticed an odd looking effect happening in one area of our roof. Its' about a 1.5' x 3' area, behind the rear AC unit. Here's a few pics of it. At first I thought it was just a run-off pattern in the dirt on the roof, but you can actually feel the undulations. We are full-time mostly stationary, and the run-off pattern of condensation from the AC does not flow over this area. Last time we moved was Easter weekend in Mid-April.

View attachment 61658View attachment 61659View attachment 61660View attachment 61661View attachment 61662View attachment 61664

Any idea what this means?
It looks like delamination of the roof membrane.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk