running lights

Rszor2

Is it possible to turn on the running lights if RV is not connected to the TV?
Such as off the battery or when hooked up to electrical outlet or off the generator?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, just get yourself a 4 inch piece of #12 solid wire and strip about a 1/2 inch off each end.
Check the plug on your truck for the proper designation of '+' and 'running lights'.
It will be the top two.
Then plug in the jumper.

Peace
Dave

Rszor2

The jumper goes on the trailer plug?
It seemed to me my old RV had a switch but could be wrong that was years ago.
Sorry I am beyond dense on electrical issues.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, on the trailer plug.
The plug on the truck end will have the markings as to what each terminal is for. Look at that to identify the position of the two on the trailer plug.
There is no switch on your trailer.

Peace
Dave

davebennington

And if you really want to be different you can bend the legs on a flasher just a little and all the lights will flash.

dave

CliffP

Hadn't thought about the flasher until one of our neighbors one-upped us after handing out five 3 amp fuses. (he passed his fuse on to the next neighbor) Lots of running lights on in our side of the campground!:D

hoefler

I made a hook up out of a water proof PVC electrical junction box with a trailer receptacle, flasher, and a on/off/on toggle switch. I plug the pig tail into it and switch it on, either steady on or flashing. A side not, if you have LED lights like I do, you will not find a flasher to operate the lights. Concealed inside my box, is a small bulb wired into the flasher to get enough resistance to make the LEDs flash.

GOTTOYS

And if you really want to be different you can bend the legs on a flasher just a little and all the lights will flash.

dave
Please I hope no one tries that when camped next to me. I would find that REALLY annoying and might be forced to take action...Don

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I feel the same way. I go to campgrounds for peace and quiet, and that includes light discipline also. We try not to even use flashlightes as we walk the park. Its more pleasing to the eye for us.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

jayc

Legendary Member
Could it be that he wants to flash his lights to attract attention to the fact that he is serving drinks and supper to everyone that comes by?

Jimmyt5

I did this one New Years eve,some lady knocked on door and told me "there is something wrong with your rv, the lights were blinking"

rick_debbie_gallant

The flashing rig lights would be a great way to id your rig in a big park in case of an emergency. Just saying.:cool:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk