RV camping in Southern California (40+ft)

PumpkinTS

This question is for those with 40ft+ trailers. Where do you camp? I can't find anywhere that allows over 40ft. There has to be places because they sell 44ft~ trailers all the time and I see them on the road. Other than Glamis or Occotillo Wells where do you camp? Preferrably somewhere you can camp near the lakeshore and swim / jetski / boat as I have standup jetski's. The RV salesman did not know much...

danemayer

Hi pumpkinTS,

There are plenty of places that handle "big rigs". If you go to sites like Woodalls, or GoodSams or RVParkReviews, they'll let you search for campgrounds nearby your destination, and then filter the search to find "big rig" parks. Then you can call the park to discuss specific site sizes.

We've been to many Colorado State Parks that had lots and lots of spaces that could take our 39' Landmark and 22' crewcab, longbed truck.

Last edited:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
This question is for those with 40ft+ trailers. Where do you camp? I can't find anywhere that allows over 40ft. There has to be places because they sell 44ft~ trailers all the time and I see them on the road. Other than Glamis or Occotillo Wells where do you camp? Preferrably somewhere you can camp near the lakeshore and swim / jetski / boat as I have standup jetski's. The RV salesman did not know much...

This place has plenty of space that you need plus it has water too. Check it out...

http://www.rivcoparks.org/parks/lake-skinner/lake-skinner-home/

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any of the Riverside County parks have enough room for you. Well maintained and cheap. You can fish on Lake Skinner with your own boat. I dont think you can jetski on it. How about Lake Elsinor?

CrossWay

Although the camping is not right next to the water, East Shore RV Park in San Dimas can easily accommodate big rigs. Lots of trees and grass. Overlooks Puddingstone Lake, where people swim and boat. I think boats and jet skis alternate days, so might check the schedule. They just run the boats and skis in a circle.....figured that is a California thing ;). Also, there is a fee ($15 to $20, not sure) to enter the Bonelli Park and launch a boat on the lake....I know that's a California thing!
Have fun!