RV size

We have decided to become full-timers and are wondering if we would have trouble finding campgrounds for an fiver between 42'-43'. We originally wanted to stay at 40', but have fallen in love with the new Newport. I would appreciate responses from those with larger RV's. Thanks

danemayer

Hi thelongdrive78,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a 39' Landmark and generally have no problem. But we do check camground reviews when planning a trip. I always check RVParkReviews.com and look for 1) Big Rig Access, and 2) visitor comments about navigating the park and length/width of sites.

JanAndBill

Like Dan we check the park reviews first, but another consideration are the roads INTO the campgrounds. Most campgrounds aren't just off the exit ramp of the interstate. Our son and family stayed at campground in Cherokee, NC this summer, we elected to stay on the "other side" of the mountain. Glad we did, because the road into their campground was "tight" when we went to visit in our F350. There were a few big rigs there, so obviously they made it down the narrow, curvy road, I just don't like slapping tree limbs, and hanging off the road with my rig.