Saint Louis Area Campgrounds

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Check out the midwest camping group for more campgrounds in Missouri.

//heartlandowners.org/group.php?discussionid=51&do=discuss

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If you want to be close to down town St Louis there is a KOA in Granite City IL . It's not a bad little campground Jim B has stayed there a few times passing though. It's right across the river not far at all.

jbeletti

If you want to be close to down town St Louis there is a KOA in Granite City IL . It's not a bad little campground Jim B has stayed there a few times passing though. It's right across the river not far at all.

I agree with Kathy - this KOA is in an industrial area but close enough to the expressway to be pretty handy. Many pull-throughs. I'd stay there again if using it as a "passing through" or "base camp" but not sure I'd stay there as a "destination" campground.

kimming07

Thank you for all your responses.

We ended up staying on the west side at Dr Babler Memorial State Park. It was about 30 miles from downtown but an easy drive down 64. It was a very nice campground with plenty of wildlife.

Very simple as it just had electrical hookup at site but with 75 feet of hose you could hook up to water or refill your tank. Plenty of shade at our site.

I strongly recommend the concert and fireworks show under the arch. It was quite the scene (hundreds of thousands of people) and the atmosphere was really cool.