Second outing in the New 2011 Landmark

sgtbigb

Well, we will be leaving tomorrow for our 2nd outing the the Landmark. We ill be goind to Corpus Christi, Texas staying at the Naval Base for a couple of weeks. Most of the bugs we had last outing clear up by time the trip was over. We need to check the heating while its cold. 40 degrees:angel: and also recheck the refigerator which would cool only while on propane and not while on electric. Will report and problems if they arise:cool:

jbeletti

Gene,

Be sure to check the refer to be sure it's plugged into the AC receptacle behind the refer. Pull the grill on the outside to access the back of the refer to verify. Check that receptacle with a test light/lamp/appliance to make sure you do have power there when you are connected to shore power.

sgtbigb

Well we got here safe and sound, but we will be heading back home, it seems we got water leak where the foot pedal is connect to toilet. (bad water valve ),water pump leaking and blue plastic water valve leaking. So we are headed home to get these taken of. :={

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry sgtbigb on your new found problem. Not sure how far home is but maybe HL service dept. can help you find a dealer near Corpus Christi that can help you out. The service number should be listed on the front page.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There is a Heartland Dealer in Rockport. Camper Clinic. I would call Heartland and ask for authorization to use a mobile RV service. At most, you may have to pay and be reimbursed. Leaks should be a pretty simple fix. The leak by the toilet, may be the vacuum breaker not being sealed right. It's at the top rear of the bowl and just pushes in to a rubber grommet. If it is the valve, they are available at many dealers and are easy to replace.

sgtbigb

Just wanted everyone to know, that it may not be a heartland problem, we had 3 days of temp in the 20s.:=(. I drain the water from water heater and tanks but did not winterize with antifrezze. The servive center I took it stated that all his work in the past 3 weeks is similar to mine and stated he expect alot more when others take there unit out of storage.

sgtbigb

Well we got our Landmark back from Texas RV, They said all the leaks has been taken care of, New water pump, Water valve for toliet and Ice maker valve . Cost $800.76 Wow what and expensive lession for not winterizing. It will not happen again:=(

tmcran

Well we got our Landmark back from Texas RV, They said all the leaks has been taken care of, New water pump, Water valve for toliet and Ice maker valve . Cost $800.76 Wow what and expensive lession for not winterizing. It will not happen again:=(

Glad u r up and going. U might look on line for repairs u need . The replacing of H2O pump is straight forward and the water valve for toilet isn't difficult if u r talking about the one that controls the flush.

sgtbigb

U R Right TC, the repairs would not be that dufficult if I was 10 Years younger. Now I get cramps if I am any uncomfortable position for more than 5 minutes. I guess Thats the price of Old age.:=)
Glad u r up and going. U might look on line for repairs u need . The replacing of H2O pump is straight forward and the water valve for toilet isn't difficult if u r talking about the one that controls the flush.

tmcran

U R Right TC, the repairs would not be that dufficult if I was 10 Years younger. Now I get cramps if I am any uncomfortable position for more than 5 minutes. I guess Thats the price of Old age.:=)

Yep, I understand that..I'm in same boat. I didn't say it was a quick job but I have replaced them and it might take awhile. Good luck.

sgtbigb

Well here are back in Corpus Christi, every thing seems to be Okay except we had to switch to LP on the refigerator because of temp reading 54 Degrees before we swith to LP. Outside Temp is 78 degrees. No more water leaks, so that is good!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our fridge seems to work better when we start it on propane and then switch to automatic after it gets cold. It consistantly runs at 34-35 degrees on setting 4.

sgtbigb

I just switch it over to automatic, current temp is 37 degrees, will see if it holds:=)
Our fridge seems to work better when we start it on propane and then switch to automatic after it gets cold. It consistantly runs at 34-35 degrees on setting 4.

sgtbigb

Well its been 24 hyours since I switch to Automatic, The refrigator temp is 33 degrees. I guess its best I start with LP then switch over to AotO!
I just switch it over to automatic, current temp is 37 degrees, will see if it holds:=)

sgtbigb

Well we just complete our second outing, everything went well, only minor issues such as Kitchen water faucet leaking, Bathroom florescent light not working properly stays on for about 5 minutes then goes out (probably a bad Ballast) and frost build on left front of freezer dept. Other tan mention everything went well:=} WE have already arrange for items mention to be taken care, Thanks to David at Heartland Costomer Service!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Gene,
Those fluorescent lights have had problems with a poorly wound transformer. I had to get some of mine replaced. Had to replace the entire fixture, the manufacturer would not just send replacement parts. From what I understand, Heartland no longer uses these light fixtures. Hope you get yours taken care of.

Mark