Shower head slips on adjustable mounting post

mobilcastle

My shower head is mounted on a sliding post and seems to slip down easily. Is there a way to tighten it up? I need to look at it in the spring.
Thanks
Steve

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Quick fix. I rotate my soap dish around to hold the shower head and keep it from slipping. ( that has worked for over a year)

I believe Dave (Cookie) had a permanent fix on here a while back, by beefing up the tension mechanism in the holder.

Maybe he will chime in. Trace

back2nature

Quick fix. I rotate my soap dish around to hold the shower head and keep it from slipping.

Trace

That's what we do too. Was going to remove that dish since we never use it, but glad we didn't.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well I couldn't find the original post, but I do have the pics.
You will have to remove the holding bar from the shower wall. There is a snap on cover on the bottom of the bracket. Then remove a couple of screws. The bar will slide down and out.
Push the button on the holder and slide it off the bar. Then dismantle the holder and add a shim under the tapered rubber thingy shown in picture #2.
Hope these pictures help out some.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 141
  • assembly.jpg
    assembly.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20110514_151225.jpg
    IMG_20110514_151225.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20110514_150749.jpg
    IMG_20110514_150749.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20110514_145552.jpg
    IMG_20110514_145552.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 122

Garypowell

We have the same problem in our new 3010 but the mechanism does not look the same. Ours works fine for a shower....and then 1/2 hour to hour after that it would come crashing down. So we now tuck it in the hand hold bar that is horizontal and has a bulge in the plastic. (of course your unit might not have this) We drop the "hose" in and the plastic is close enough to keep the shower head from going through. So we put it in place to shower and then drop it in this "holder" when not in use/traveling.

Works for us.....

Gary

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Dave. I'm going to keep the info this time around, for future use. Trace

mobilcastle

Thanks for all the post. Dave-did you make a homade shim for the unit and if yes what material did you use-your post is very helpful.
Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Steve, it doesn't take much of a shim to do the trick.
Its been a while since I did this but as I recall I used two or three layers of black electrical tape......I think.
Its still holding in place.
On a related subject, we don't travel with the shower head in the holder.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours is not mounted on a bar just a swivel. It has loosened up and there is no way to adjust it. I took a rubber band and worked the shower head up and down getting the rubber band to get into the crack. It has worked.