Shower Stall - Leak Source

LookN4Ward

There is a similar thread on this topic, but thought it would be better to start a fresher one.

Like others I experienced water on the floor after using the shower. I caulked the interior and exterior base of the shower door with some clear silicon caulk. Still had a problem. After removing the inspection cover I was able to detect water droplets on the threads of the screws that anchor the shower door frame to the shower base. There are three square head screws that sit below the door.

I unscrewed the partially and added some silicon caulk below the screw head. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Looking, remove the access cover and make sure that the connections are tight on the back of the faucet. Mine were loose and had a drip-drip after a shower. You might also put caulking around the access cover outer piece. Bob:D

LookN4Ward

I finally got the shower stall to quit leaking water on the floor and under the shower. I ended up buying a tube of GE Silicon Clear caulk at Home Depot for about $7.00. It dries in an hour. Anyway I remove all screws attaching the doors to the stall. I filled each hole with caulk and screwed the screws back in. Those below the shower door were the worse to get to seal. After sealing the screws I went completely around the outside and inside perimeters of the doors being carefully to making it look messy. I also caulked the area where the surround meets the shower base.