Simple Tire Incredible

avvidclif

On Mon 5/11 I finally broke down and ordered 4 of the Sailun S637 16" tires for my trailer. I received order confirmation at 4:50 PM. I checked yesterday afternoon and they were shipped Fedex but no tracking info yet.

At 1:20PM today the Home Delivery driver showed up with my 4 tires. That's incredible since the from address was Pa. That's less than 48 hrs to East Texas. Heavy things too, 61 lbs each. They're stiff enough air might be an option.;) FWIW the mfg date show 38th week of 2014, all 4.

Kudos to Simple Tire. Now if my steel stems would just get here I would be getting them mounted.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
On Mon 5/11 I finally broke down and ordered 4 of the Sailun S637 16" tires for my trailer. I received order confirmation at 4:50 PM. I checked yesterday afternoon and they were shipped Fedex but no tracking info yet.

At 1:20PM today the Home Delivery driver showed up with my 4 tires. That's incredible since the from address was Pa. That's less than 48 hrs to East Texas.

Kudos to Simple Tire. Now if my steel stems would just get here I would be getting them mounted.

I just ordered a new rim for my Ashland from Treadit on Monday. Rim will be delivered on Thursday and that is UPS ground.

cgaskins

Agreed. I bought 5 S637s back in November from them. Easy and fast. Plus I love the tires.

-Chris

cellman

Do you recall what the part number was for the tires? I see they list 2 different Sailun G637''s on their website. Sailun also shows part #5540992 has a load rating of 4080 lbs and the 8244393 has a load rating of 3750 lbs for the single axle. Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2 tires?

cgaskins

Do you recall what the part number was for the tires? I see they list 2 different Sailun G637''s on their website. Sailun also shows part #5540992 has a load rating of 4080 lbs and the 8244393 has a load rating of 3750 lbs for the single axle. Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2 tires?

Part number on my invoice is: 8244393

-Chris

dewwood

I believe the difference, according to the people who installed mine, is that the 637 was originally a LT tire which carried the higher capacity rating. They have rebranded them as ST tires with the lower capacity rating, same tire just rebranded for trailer use which gets rid of some of the use tax which truck tires pay.

justafordguy

II think it's the other way around. The st has a higher load but lower speed rating, only 65 mph. Mine are LT and rated at 3750 @ 110 psi.

caissiel

Exactly,, the rating on the LT are per DOT truck rating and the same tire is rated lower. The ST rating can be higher as a trailer only application.
I installed LTs on our previous trailer. They were rated lower then the STs and I increased the air by 20% and it solved my tire problem, and they were on the unit for 7 trouble free years.
Sailiun LTs are great, I will wait on the ST verdict.
For me ST have a real bad reputation. My next tires replacing the 7 year old Load Range G Chinese tires will be LTs.

avvidclif

Exactly,, the rating on the LT are per DOT truck rating and the same tire is rated lower. The ST rating can be higher as a trailer only application.
I installed LTs on our previous trailer. They were rated lower then the STs and I increased the air by 20% and it solved my tire problem, and they were on the unit for 7 trouble free years.
Sailiun LTs are great, I will wait on the ST verdict.
For me ST have a real bad reputation. My next tires replacing the 7 year old Load Range G Chinese tires will be LTs.

What ST's? The invoice shows ST's the sidewall of the tire shows LT's, "For trailer service only" 3750 lbs @ 110 PSI which is a LT rating for LR G which is also on there?

Figure that out.

SeattleLion

What ST's? The invoice shows ST's the sidewall of the tire shows LT's, "For trailer service only" 3750 lbs @ 110 PSI which is a LT rating for LR G which is also on there?

Figure that out.

My Goodyear chart says that LT load range G has a max load of 3750 @ 110psi. I think that is standard.

cellman

I have been told by Sailun that the 8244393 tire has been discontinued and replaced with the 5540992. The 2015 brochure shows the 5540992 is for truck or trailers with the higher load rating.
ARTICLE NO. TIRE SIZE LR/PR LOAD INDEX SYMBOL DIAMETER WIDTH DEPTH WIDTH SLR PER WGT
SPEED OVERALL SECTION TREAD RIM
MAX. RATED LOAD @ PSI
(INCH) (INCH) (32NDS) (INCH) MILE SINGLE DU

Westwind

Simple Tire - isn't it great to work with a company that does it right the first time! I haven't used them but I have read great reports - from many customers.

SeattleLion

I found Discount Tire to be great. They matched the lowest price I could find on the web and did a great installation job. The people there couldn't be nicer.

cellman

My Sailun tires showed up yesterday. I ordered the 5540992 since the 8244393 are discontinued. They are labeled "trailer use only" and made in China. I hope they are the same quality as the previous ones.

avvidclif

My Sailun tires showed up yesterday. I ordered the 5540992 since the 8244393 are discontinued. They are labeled "trailer use only" and made in China. I hope they are the same quality as the previous ones.

Just out of curiosity look at the date code on the tires. Mine is 3814, the 38th week of 2014. Mine are marked exactly as yours. LT's marked trailer use only.