Slide Leaking

larkinstuart

Was in a big rain storm in Morro Bay this week-end and the slide in the Bedroom was leaking. Found a puddle of water on the floor, outside of shower. I got on the roof and noticed the the rubber around the slide was folded in, instead of laying flat against the slide. Think that's how the water got in. Have lubed that rubber, still notice when the slide comes out the rubber seal folds in. Any ideas on how to keep the rubber to lay flat. Also notice the rubber that runs up and down (on both side of slide) was torn at the top. Has anyone replaced that. I guess that Fresno Sun eats everything, even tho the unit is covered.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That top seal definitely need to be facing out and overlap the side seals so water runs away instead of in. I assume this is an out of warranty situation. I don't know how much if any the slide can be adjusted but maybe the top seal can be adjusted. For sure, California sun & dry weather sure can wreak havoc on rubber stuff. 303 protectant helps a lot. You might try a bead of Dacor caulk on the slide roof about halfway between the wall and outer edge of the slide. This should "grab" the seal flap and cause it to go in the right direction. Both ways..

larkinstuart

Can you describe how to adjust the top seal. Where do you get 303. Thanks for all your information. I didn't know that the bedroom slide could be adjusted. The living room slide and desk slide has been adjusted, during the warranty period, now out of warranty.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Lark, go to an auto parts store and get some body side molding. Its peel and stick. You install it on the top of the slides. I really dont think it matters at what point you put it as long as its before the slide is all the way out. Maybe somewhere close to the center. Use your awning hook to pull out the side seals.....unless you have the electric awning. Then you could install the body side moldings to the side of the slides also. I bet they come in PRETTY colors. Keeping the seals clean and lubricated with 303 will help. 303 can be had at Camping World and some RV stores.