Slide leaks on 2011 Big Country 3450TS

The larger slide in the living room\kitchen area is leaking and we just cant seem to locate the source. After a rain we see water on the outside underneath the slide out at both ends. We've eliminated the top of the slide as it's since been fully covered with a tarp. The sealant has been replaced both vertically and horizontal on the slide. It's not the fridge and have checked all the screws and they appear to be tight. Not sure where else to even look, any ideas please!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ledtraveler and welcome to this great forum.
I have a 2011 Bighorn 3585 which is the same floor plan as your 3450 and I have a couple ideas for you.
Just this last fall I replaced the plastic drain tube for the refrigerator condensate.
Look at the lower vent on the outside of your rig and you should see a white tube. These get brittle over time and break off. Be sure it is draining outside of the vent. Also take the vent off and look to be sure that it is not broken above or has become disconnected.
Do you have an ice maker in your refrigerator. If so that 1/4" plastic tubing is prone to pinholes. Look closely while hooked up to city water.

Peace
Dave

Appreciate the reply Dave!
It's definitely not the fridge, we know that its the rain getting in, we just cant seem to figure out from where ...

billm

I had the same problem on my Big Country 3450 the first fall we owned it. The problem was dirt and pine needles had accumulated on the lower outside corner of the slide. When I opened the slide I cleaned the accumulation of stuff that was keeping the lower corner of the slide from sealing. It corrected the problem. Now I clean the lower corners of all the slides before closing them. Hope this helps!