slide outs

Bigalpaul

Is anyone else annoyed that you must open all 3 slides to gain access to the fridge? Not very safe when in a truck stop and hanging over the lane marking lines. Is there a fix?

mlpeloquin

What rig do you have? I have access to the freezer and one side of my fridge without opening any slide. Each unit is different.

danemayer

Hi Bigalpaul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

On most floor plans, Heartland arranges things so that the refrigerator can be opened, at least partially, without opening the slides. Sounds like you have a floor plan where that's not the case.

You might take a look at the hydraulics up front to see if you have control valves for the slides. Bighorns do, but I'm not sure about Cyclones. If you have them, you can shut off fluid flow to the slides you don't want opening when the switch is pressed.

Here's what they look like on a Bighorn.
BH Slideout Controls.jpg

pegmikef

I have the same problem, but in my case the kitchen slide opens first, so when we want access to the reefer, we open the slide just enough to access it. We usually just keep a small ice chest in the basement for cold items such as drinks and lunch when we are traveling. Rarely have to access the reefer.

LBR

Our CY just required the living room slide opened a couple feet to walk by for access... definitely depends on your model tho

Gaffer

Access to the fridge and the bathroom with slides in the closed position are the first thing we looked at when shopping.