Slide part replacement

I have a 2018 Mallard M33, I'm replacing all the seals for the slides. Upon inspection, I've noticed some small damage that has occurred throughout the past years from the kitchen slide going in and out. I've posted a picture of the damaged part. The metal has bent back and damaged the roof edge of the slide. I'll fix the roof as well but my question is, should I replace the circled part or bend it back into shape? If I do replace it, does anyone know the name of the part? TIA

Attachments

• 20230401_154201.jpg
    20230401_154201.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64

SLO

I’d just bend it back in. I think it just covers the cables. Get some Eternabond tape to repair the slide roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with SLO, but you will have to move the slide away from that edge or you will continue to have the same issue.
I have the start of the same issue but haven't figured out how to move the slide.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

I think you may have the box leaning down a bit like mine, see paint being scratched off on the top moulding looking as in your photo but I have a bent frame going upwards I am told this situation could affect the bedroom, saving up to have it fixed $$$$.
Check the box for squareness and check the walls for plumb I believe the gap on the outside wall between the frame and wall should be <>5/8" either side.
Lift the top wipe inside and use the roof and gap it to see if there is a run on it. My box is leaning down to the left looking from the outside.
When I do move for repairs I think I will try to shim up the roller for return stroke off the room to avoid tearing up my new wipes I hope they can pull back down the wall or what ever.
Make sense?
Check my other posts.
Den.

Attachments

• HL roof Print.jpg
    HL roof Print.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 48
  • Wipe looks better.JPG
    Wipe looks better.JPG
    678.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 47

david-steph2018

I have a 2018 Mallard M33, I'm replacing all the seals for the slides. Upon inspection, I've noticed some small damage that has occurred throughout the past years from the kitchen slide going in and out. I've posted a picture of the damaged part. The metal has bent back and damaged the roof edge of the slide. I'll fix the roof as well but my question is, should I replace the circled part or bend it back into shape? If I do replace it, does anyone know the name of the part? TIA
I think it would be okay and not needing replaced, after you get the slide off of it. Like to see pics of the other side, and the 2 bottom corners.
Have you looked at these areas, to see if the slide is in straight/even in the slide-out opening?

I think it would be okay and not needing replaced, after you get the slide off of it. Like to see pics of the other side, and the 2 bottom corners.
Have you looked at these areas, to see if the slide is in straight/even in the slide-out opening?
I haven't looked on the other sides yet. I assume it leans on this side more because of the angle I have the camper on when it's in my driveway. I have a sloped driveway and I can't get it perfectly leveled. It's only for packing and unpacking of the camper. However, I will check it out just to be safe.

Routemaster

I am now completely foxed. I just went and took a second look at the bed slide now the winds subsided I have a reading from the rooftop outside to what I believe is the header @ 1.100" on side to side.
This now appears to be parallel to the sill plate and king stud trimmers if that's what they are called in the RV trade is parallel.
So it now gives me the impression the wall framework is a parallelogram. But I don't see how I would check out the rough-out squareness.
I was thinking at one time that maybe the bottom left corner weld was broken, but who knows?

Routemaster

J. Did you fix your problem?
This is bugging the heck out of me about what to do about the out-of-squareness no chance of getting square in there to check.
I can't make out if the two king studs were welded off by the 1-degree or what.
Being a nice morning I went out and rechecked my numbers and below is what I found.
I know the bed box is square, but I do want to take the corners away for the screw heads.
If my trig is correct to make it better so that the new wipes don't get torn up I would have to lift the left-hand corner 1.186ins thoughts.
Don't have anywhere near that up on the top. I did get three aluminum sheets guillotined off to start with because the rollers moving up into the denting white material and was going to fix them underneath with a 1/4"shim on one then 1/8" on the second and nothing on the third to create the draft/run that's a 1/64" every ins roughly right? this could help slightly yes?
Do any more lift and it would take the floor base away from the internal wipe don't want any more drafts.

Attachments

• My Roller plates.JPG
    My Roller plates.JPG
    841.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Drawing Bedroom.jpg
    Drawing Bedroom.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: