Slide toppers & window awnings

61Hawks

I'm looking to put slide toppers and window awnings on my new rig and I know I can order from Camping World but has anyone dealt with an Internet company called RV Parts Country. Maybe someone has better options for me. Thanks

Crumgater

We bought ours from Camping World, but installed them ourselves. Not too bad of a DIY project. Need at least two people, though.

Cjackg

I'm looking to put slide toppers and window awnings on my new rig and I know I can order from Camping World but has anyone dealt with an Internet company called RV Parts Country. Maybe someone has better options for me. Thanks
I have the factory installed toppers on all 3 slides and they are very impressive equipment.... probably weigh much more than I expected! After using them a while, I think I would have skipped them and saved the weight and $$$.

Every time we bring in the slides & rollup the toppers to leave in the mornings I know those toppers are dripping wet and I cringe as to how long the awnings will last before they are loaded with mildew. Cleaning the slide tops might be a much preferable approach. Window awnings are a different proposition and usually a good idea.

jnbhobe

I have toppers on all three slides will never be without them, I never have to get up on a ladder to clean the leaves, twigs, and pine needles off the slides before I close them. That's all the reason I need.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have toppers on all four slides. They remain extended from early May to late September. When I wash the roof, I wash the toppers. No mildew and they are in excellent shape after over 5 seasons. The weight isn't a major factor, either. They were dealer installed and done correctly, not loose and drooping like some I've seen. I had the dealer install a large window awning on the DS slide, but did a small one on the entertainment slide myself. With a helper, I probably could have done the big one.

pegmikef

I have the factory installed slide toppers and love them after all the years of dragging a ladder around to clean the slide top before closing it. A second, less mentioned benefit is you are less likely to have a leak in your slide roof in case there is problem in it sealing or its contruction. I triy to avoid closing them wet, but if I must, then we open the slides the first chance we get to let them dry out. In a year I have cleaned them once whereas we probably would have cleaned the slides thirty or forty times. I think it is one of the more fairly priced factory options after you negotiate it with your dealer.

Fire90

X2 PPLMotorhomes.com great to work with and fast delivery. Good price. Have purchased 1 for my camper and 2 for my sisters thru them. Installed ourselves. Not to bad.

61Hawks

Thanks to everyone who responded. After discounting install price at CW they still came in at 2200.00 like OMG. No wonder I cringe when I think about that place. I will be going with policy. After talking to them I am not concerned about ordering from them at all. Again thanks