Slide Toppers won't fit

pokypa

Ordered three new slide toppers from camping world. Drove to Winchester Va to Camping World to have them installed. Manager came out to look at our 2014 Big Horn 3260 Elite and said you can't install slide toppers on two of the three slides. On the frig slide the vent for frig is to high to the top of slide, no room for hardware and slide to close to awning. Bedroom slide to tall not enough room between slide top and roof. He gave me a refund for the cost of toppers and labor that I prepaid.
Anyone every ran into this type of a problem before. I purchased this unit off the dealers lot and wondered why it didn't have toppers. Now I no, there is no room to install them.

MTPockets

Call Heartland customer service for direction. They certainly have a slide topper supplier since they offer the option from the factory.

Roller4tan

They fit on my 3010re, door side slide topper hardware is about 3/4" from awning arm travel, otherwise the rest okay.

chckan50

We have a 2015 3160 EL and had the slide toppers installed at the factory and the only problem we had with them was the installation. They were not centered over the slide and exposed part of the slide to the elements. Our local dealer re centered them and all is fine.

My assumption is that if the factory is able to get a slide topper that fits, you as well should be able to. There are only a couple of manufacturers of slide toppers. I would go to a local Bighorn dealer and see if they can help you out.

alethaj

We have a 2015 Big Horn 3755 FL...we ordered slide toppers for all 5 slide outs ...when we took the unit in for installation the dealer said oops..they won't fit...the slide tops are too tall to allow for proper drainage?...anyway no toppers....which after I talked with other owners is just as well....several told me of problems with drainage and wind damage to toppers.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Sounds like another Camping World failure. Seek toppers through Heartland for proper fit. Also try to find independent Heartland dealership for install. CW maybe authorized to repair but not completely knowledgeable with coach. Been there done that with CW.