Slideout and leveling system breakers

pjberny5

Can anyone tell me which breakers go to the slides and which on goes to the leveling system. 2014 -3260EL Bighorn. Attached picture front my breakers.

Attachments

• 20160914_095031.jpg
    20160914_095031.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 67

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Without seeing all of the wires its difficult to determine.
I will point out two things.
The slides, if they are hydraulic, work off the same pump as the Level Up.
Also note that there is a small piece of tape on one of the wires at the breakers. If you see a red wire at the hydraulic pump you have found the right breaker

Peace
Dave

pjberny5

Without seeing all of the wires its difficult to determine.
I will point out two things.
The slides, if they are hydraulic, work off the same pump as the Level Up.
Also note that there is a small piece of tape on one of the wires at the breakers. If you see a red wire at the hydraulic pump you have found the right breaker

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. Found a wire with a piece of red tapet on it where it connects to the breaker. That particular breaker has a tiny little what appears to be a re-set button only breakers I could find were without and were auto re-set breakers.My issue is that both the slides and landing legs function but stop when bringing them in. After releasing the switch and waiting a few seconds they work again. This repeats itself 5 or 6 times before the slides are finally in or all the level up legs are fully retracted. Is there a separate breaker for each. Slide as its own breaker and level up system as its own breaker. Also could not find breaker with a re-set button only self resetting breakers.
gears go

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
You need to upgrade to the 80A breaker. I just did the upgrade last week due to the same problem.

pjberny5

You need to upgrade to the 80A breaker. I just did the upgrade last week due to the same problem.

Phil. I'm still trying to figure out which breaker or breakers to replace. Is there one each for the slides and another for the leveling system. I have a bank of 6 breakers one of which appears to have a small black re-set button which the other 5 do not have.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You need to locate the breaker that protects the hydraulic pump. That hydraulic pump does the work for both the leveling system and the slides.
Follow the heavy red wire from the solenoid, located on or near the pump, to its breaker
You can do an 80 amp upgrade, but most, including myself, have found that just replacing the 50 amp breaker with another 50 amp will do the trick.
A 50 amp breaker will be under $10.

Peace
Dave

IronJ

Just find the power wire from the pump and follow it back to the correct breaker..it will be one of the heavier gauge wires...

It's a quick 15 min affair if you just use the same breaker size and type...they are like 4$ on amazon...I ordered 4 just in case...

But I've been out for nearly a month now and have run the legs and slides countless times with nary a hiccup to speak of...

And after the swap my legs and slides were much much faster..

That's the easy way....if ya wanna wire up an 80 amp it would work too...and if I encounter several more issues with the 50 I may consider it ...but it's just so cheap and simple to swap em out if needed...

That's my

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish