Slideout delaminating from underside

msgtray

Has any one encountered the underside of your Big Horn coming apart on the bottom side? I have a 2009 3055 and we are seeing it come apart. What is the warranty for this issue? We have said something prior to this as we saw black particles inside after we put the slide in then out in the corner by the refrigerator.:confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Double Sliode delaminating from underside

That's pretty common. About all you can do is keep the bare wood sealed with some paint.
Or if this is a slide that has rollers, there is a plastic runner kit that glues to the bottom of the slide.
It is available from Heartland or Parkland Plastics.
HERE IS A THREAD about repairing the slide bottom.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Where is it coming apart? If it's the edges of the floor delaminating from water absorption, then the plastic runner repairs won't do much good. Many of us have covered the edges with aluminum or plastic L-molding to protect them from water running down the slide walls and collecting on the edges of the plywood.

Photos of your floor condition would help.

caissiel

In 2007 while working at a building supply store we were delivered 2 pallets of 3/4in plywood from overseas. At first glanced I reported to the manger that there was no way I was selling the stuff to my customers. We put a $5 per sheet and got rid of it with a warning that it was not to be wetted that it was falling appart.

In 2009 I took the new BC home only to find out that the slide bottoms are made with the same plywood materials. I have kept a real close watch on any moisture exposure location. I bought an undercoating spray gun and sprayed every exposed detoriating areas and also added the angles and wear strips to protect the surface.
We are lucky that the material has been exposed as I see SOB units have this garbage covered and inspection cannot be done. After 3 years my slides are realy holding up.

I would hope newer units don't use it.

It took us 5 minutes to see the problem with this plywood and why does a slide fabricatio company did not?

Money is what drives this industry.

Sorry I just cannot see the reasoning using the material for so long.